Friday, July 11, 2014

the deets on baby 2.

For about a year now (if not more), Mr. P and BG have been on Team Baby 2. This girl couldn't quite get on board.

It's not that I didn't want another baby it's just... I kind of didn't want another baby. Does that make sense??

I was good with just E. I'm actually thrilled with just E and the three of us are good together. Like real good. So I was iffy. I liked the idea of a sibling for E, I just....

Maybe most of it was I was terrified. I knew that I couldn't handle going through what we went through before E again. I was also scared of being as sick as I was with E while trying to parent a toddler. I was just terrified.

In November I got frustrated with some issues I was having with my IUD and finally decided it had to go. So I made the appointment to get it removed. At the appointment, I talked with my doctor about not going on the pill or anything along those lines. We both decided that Mr. P and I needed to head to the specialists in Charlotte to talk things over before going any further.

We headed up to Charlotte at the end of December and met with the doctor up there. The appointment went well. Mr. P had to leave early so it gave the doctor a chance to talk with me about some things. We talked about how stressed I was about going forward and he promised me that he would do everything he could for us to have a healthy pregnancy. And that he felt really good about things.

We left that day with the instructions to come back when we were pregnant. And that was that.

In February, Mr. P took a new job that actually had him move to Savannah for a bit. For a while it looked like we would all be moving back to Savannah and a part of me took that as a sign that we should definitely try for number 2. I never wanted to do another pregnancy without my Savannah docs so I was thrilled we may be back down there with them.

Mr. P was in Savannah for a few months without E and I and somewhere in there (February) I got pregnant. Come St. Patrick's Day weekend, E and I joined Mr. P in Savannah for the weekend and he and I both had this feeling that I was pregnant. So I took a test on the 16th (I really just wanted a clear conscience to drink the next day). And that test quickly turned positive.

We spent the next day at the parade where we had to call my Charlotte doc who then sent me straight to a lab in Savannah for bloodwork. Over the next couple of weeks, I went to multiple blood draws and ultrasounds and continued to parent E while Mr. P was still in Savannah. It was hard. Especially at the appointment where I first got to hear the heartbeat and the doctor's exact words were "it's pretty slow, but there's nothing we can do. If it's going to stop, it's just going to stop".

Good times right.

But that heart didn't stop. And that little one just kept right on growing.

My initial reaction at that first appointment was that the baby was a boy, but that would change off and on over the next few weeks. Fortunately Mr. P moved back home not long after St. Patrick's Day weekend and was here for the main exhaustion and nausea. And there was so much of both of those.

I didn't have the problems I had with E. There's been no bleeding and other than that one slow heartbeat scare, I've had zero issues. My medication protocol is a bit different but I still started progesterone and heparin shots immediately and am still on the heparin until around 38 weeks. I haven't done nearly the meds I did with E though which has been a nice little break.

Baby 2 was rough on Mama that's for sure. I was way sicker with this one than E as I was afraid of, but we made it through. I even made it through the terrible migraines that week 14 brought into my life (though those are still too frequent for my liking). And now? we're almost 21 weeks with a healthy baby boy.

So ready or not, he's coming. We should probably start getting prepared!

No comments:


Blog Widget by LinkWithin