Monday, May 4, 2015

weekend wrap-up

Do people still do these??

I was looking back at old posts from when E was a baby and getting major Mama guilt at how little I've documented things for Cooper and am now determined to change that. We shall see I guess... Life is just so much busier now. I guess that's normal.

I spend a lot of time with both kids by myself. With B's crazy work schedule, it's just how it happens. I'll be honest, I don't love it but it's our reality so... It would be so, so easy to sit at home all weekend after working like a crazy person all week but these kids are young and active and need to get out so I force myself to get out. I'm always glad we do.

This past Saturday was the Strawberry Festival here in town. We didn't have anything else going so I figured we would head that way.

Then Cooper woke up pulling on his ear and I decided last minute we needed to go get that checked out before we left town at the beginning of the week. Last minute of course.

We pulled up to the doctor at ten til one. They close at one. I grabbed the little one and one spare diaper (ROOKIE) and Ella, and we raced upstairs. Fortunately we got checked in and all and they had time to see us. I looked down to see poop on my arm and my shoulder. Fanfreakingtastic. Of course he had had a blow out, there was no time to get the bag, no changing table in the bathroom (how is that possible?!!?!), and I had no wipes. So we get in the room where I have to clean him with tissues (NO WORDS), try to get the poop off of me (while still holding him), and somehow still wrangle Ella.

It was a disaster.

He was fine (of course) and we headed on down to the festival after leaving. Yes, with poop on the front of my shirt. I figured the Ergo would cover it.

Motherhood makes me not even recognize myself.

The festival was fun. It was hot. And I'm pretty sure Ella's favorite part was the bus ride to and from the parking area, but it was worth it. She rode one ride. We stood in line for 45 minutes waiting on that ride. Totally told her "this better be the most fun you have EVER had, and if it's not? you better tell me it was". Cooper was OVER it by the time she got on the ride. It was really freaking hot.

She got to pose in those cheesy cut out picture opportunities (she freaking loves them), we ate snowcones, played in the grass, and sort of watched a wing eating contest. It was actually fun. I'm glad we went.

Sunday we were going to attempt early church before we headed to a birthday party at 11, but that was a bust. People with young kids are pretty much guaranteed to never make anything with the word "early" in it. Just saying. But we made it to the party for E's little bff and she had a blast.

We spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning my car out. Which was beyond needed. Cooper refused to nap so we brought him outside with us and he loved it. My heart almost burst at watching the two of them play on a blanket together in the front yard. They are so great together. It's awesome.
We had a good weekend. I started Monday as exhausted as I ended Friday but that's just par for the course these days. Weekends will be relaxing again when they're in college I suppose. I'll soak them in for now.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I still do weekend wrap-ups! :) Love your kids, too cute!

Jen Watts said...

I hope you find the time to blog more because I love reading what you have to say. Your kids a so adorable!
I will giggle about poop on your arm all week..sounds just like something I would do.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin