Saturday, August 3, 2013

4 years ago.

I kind of love the Timehop app. It's so fun to open that thing up and see what I was doing one, two, and three years ago.

Yesterday, I opened it up to a status from four years ago. In the status I was complaining about how completely exhausted I was at a soccer tournament I was participating in.

I giggled when I read it because I remember that day like it was yesterday. I remember how tired I was. How sore I was. How on Saturday I just knew I wouldn't be able to move at all on Sunday let along play another three or four games.

I also remember how unbelievably preoccupied I was that whole weekend. Our uniform shorts were white and I just KNEW I was going to start my period out there in the middle of that field. I rushed to the bathroom every single break just knowing it was going to come.

But it never did.

My Timehop app status from four years ago today? "....well that's one heck of a curve ball."

And it was. Because that Monday, I went to work just as preoccupied as I had been all weekend continuing to wait on something that wasn't going to come.

I went about my day four years ago like normal. Putting in IV's, doing tests, helping in surgery; but deep inside I knew. I knew that I was pregnant. That I was fixing to embark on a journey that could be really, really short again, or that could change my life forever.

At lunch, my co-worker Donna suggested we go get a test because even she could see how worked up I was. So after too much Mexican food, I hopped into CVS before heading back to work.

One positive test, one immediate panic attack, so many tears. I was terrified. But absolutely overjoyed at what that test meant.

Four years ago. Wow. Never in my life could I imagine how much one little person could change my life. She is hands down, the best little person I've ever known. She's taught me to love in a way I never thought I was capable of.

The last four years have been so, so hard but they have been so, so good. SO good.

She's the last remaining puzzle piece that was missing in my life. And I thank God that four years ago, He saw fit to bless me with a "yes". Because that yes is my heart and soul. And life is better because of her.

3 comments:

A.B. said...

this, my friend. Is a sweet post. and one I relate to. she is the cutest! What a blessing and what a memorable day. Mom's intuition.

Pineapples and Pickles said...

Love the app. Thanks for sharing!

Gina said...

Awww! Love this!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin