Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

Ok. So maybe I'm older than I would like to think I am. Because this weekend almost put me in the grave.

Saturday morning I got up early and headed with a friend of mine up to Hilton Head for a soccer tournament. Thought it would be a nice day for a tourney. Weather (dot) com was predicting highs in the 80s.

Weather (dot) com is a nasty, dirty liar. It was around a 100 degrees on Saturday. With a 100% humidity.

Three soccer games later, played with some super *cranky (not the word I want to use.. ahem..) girls, in the heat, in the rain, I was not a happy camper. I signed up for the tournament to have FUN. Not because I thought Mia Hamm was going to show up and wisk me away to play for the National Team. Apparently some of the other players didn't get that memo. You can ask the super bruises on my stomach in the shapes of elbows.

But I digress..

Saturday night, I dragged my bruised, battered, exhausted body back home.

I know I'm a drama queen, but I was TIRED!!!

Sunday morning I swore I had been hit by a car. My back hurt, my abs hurt, my arms hurt. My freakin' pinky toes hurt for crying out loud. I don't know how I dragged myself back to South Carolina, but I did.

I'm so glad I did. We played much better, everyone was in better moods, and I got to have a great lunch. I could barely move Monday and I'm rocking some serious tan lines, but price you got to pay right?!

My friend, L and I between games.


Our team.


Sunday afternoon, Mr. Perfect and I got to keep my goddaughter for a while. She definitely kept us on our toes, but we had so much fun with her!! She's the sweetest thing! Our cat doesn't think so, but what does he know?

She was trying to give Lacy a toy. Lacy was too fascinated with her to care about anything else.


Melt my heart!



Told you Lacy was obsessed with her.




She was obsessed with Ace. He was not a fan of hers.


Other than the fact that I could barely move all weekend, it was a pretty nice one. Thank goodness, because this week is turning into a doozy. We got one heck of a curveball thrown at us on Monday. Nothing we can't handle, but just pray for us and our little journey through the entire medical journal to try and have a child. I'll give more details when I can, but thanks in advance. Hope you guys had a great weekend! My blogging might be sketchy for a few days, but I'll be checking in!!

10 comments:

Milltini said...

Good for you though for getting out there and playing!

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

You are a rock star soccer player... what a fab way to stay in shape... and you are young!! Soccer is tough! What a busy weekend, lady!

Miss Jody said...

Ha! Ha!
That is how I felt after I did my first run with "Shred" w/ J. Michaels.
I couldn't walk!!

Very cute pics!

Have Mr. Perfect give you a full body massage ;)
Just a lil' suggestion...(wink, wink)

In This Wonderful Life said...

she is JUST precious! love the pics. and girl, you are brave! I could never do such an...active? sport haha. glad you made it out alive! emailing you!

Mrs.Preppy said...

Thinking about you this week...

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

I just started doing Pilates...and I walk around like a Grandma because I am so sore!

Sassy Engineer said...

This post made me tired just reading it! I hope you recover, but I'm so proud of you for getting out there and kicking butt. I hate the heat and would have chickened out.

Lindsey said...

Wow I am so impressed! Hats off to you!!

Megan said...

I thought about playing soccer once, then I realized just how active of a sport it was! Good for you! I bet you are getting a GREAT workout!

it is everlasting said...

She is precious-- oh it makes me want to hang out with little ones! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin