Wednesday, May 12, 2010

First Mother's Day

I had the best Mother's Day with Mr. Perfect and Baby Girl. They are awesome and truly made my first Mother's Day memorable.

I opened my card and presents on Saturday. I'm a sucker for a card and Mr. Perfect found me the cutest one from BG. And the dogs. I do have 5 kids now. =)

Yes, my child is screaming in all of these. Welcome to La Casa de Imperfect. It's loud now.


I got the sweetest Willow Tree figurine from Mr. Perfect. I absolutely love it. He also got me a watch which I desperately needed. Maybe I'll make it places on time now.



Probably not.

We spent Saturday just hanging around the house. Or I assume we did. I honestly can't remember. Isn't that a sign of sleep deprivation?!?

We decided that we were going to go to church for the first time since her arrival for Mother's Day. Not Sunday School, just church. Baby steps..

Trying to get anywhere with a child is going to be the death of me.

I am so used to waking up about 30 minutes before I have to be somewhere and running around like crazy getting ready. It works for me.

For Baby Girl.. not so much?

I waited til the last minute to get her dressed (she tends to go through outfits like water) and made sure that everything else was done first. Mr. Perfect packed the diaper bag while I got ready and then we got her dressed.

No sooner did I have her dress on than she had an explosive diaper. Of course.

I had gotten us up super early so we could get to church early.

Ha.

After we got her cleaned up and calmed down enough for the car ride, we were no longer on schedule to be early. Dangit. So much for my grand plan to get there early and figure out where the nursery was.

I initially wanted to take her into church with us. Then I remembered who my child was and her tendency to bust into screams without a moments notice and quickly vetoed that idea. So off to the nursery we went.

She was the youngest one in there and this older lady, Elaine, took to her immediately. Baby Girl was putty in her hands. I'm telling you, rocking and holding this girl is the key to her heart. She'll go with anyone who wants to rock her.

It was so nice to get back to church. Of course I struggled to stay awake the whole time. Oh fun exhaustion.

After church we headed to eat with the grandparents and then over to their house to take pictures. BG was so good at the restaurant, but come picture time, she was screaming again. I hope she realizes she better become okay with the camera!

My girl & I


Our family

My ♥

My girl in her precious little outfit

Mr. Perfect watched BG for the rest of the day so I could relax. I tried to sleep but couldn't so I spent my time catching up on blogs and Face*book. Always a good time.

It was the perfect day. I am so, so blessed.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

What a wonderful first Mother's Day! It sounds like your husband spoiled you, which is just what you deserved. You guys are a beautiful little family of 3 now. I love the pictures of you guys dressed up for church. SO cute :)

No Longer Newlyweds. said...

I just crack up reading your blog now...now that I know BG and all that you're going through...because I'm going through half of it WITH you. I love how BG is screaming in every picture. And, I love how in the background there is baby stuff EVERYWHERE in your house. Your house looks like mine...like a baby tornado hit it! Agh...isn't life grand?!?!?!

Belle on Heels said...

y'all are seriously too precious. loves it. happy first mother's day, lady!!

d.a.r. said...

You guys are way cute!! Glad you had a good day :)

Virginia Belle said...

Such a cute family you have! Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day. You definitely deserve it :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin