Tuesday, February 15, 2011

our love day.

Yesterday was pretty much perfection in my book.

I think the little got the memo that it was a special day, because she was an angel.

Minus the refusing to cooperate with my impromptu Valentine's Day photo shoot, but whatever.











I'm thinking someday, the millions of pictures I have of her back, or her little butt as she scampers off will melt me. They make me crazy right now though. How do you get a ten month old to sit still?!

BG took two incredible naps yesterday and made me feel like a new woman. We also finished up her Valentine's gift for her Daddy (which we actually still have some in the works, shhh!!) and even got dinner cooked.

Mr. Perfect and I had decided not to do gifts this year because we're in super budget mode, but he still came in bearing a card and chocolate (the way to this girl's heart) and a card from BG. Funny enough, I got him chocolate too. Great minds people..

BG was super excited to show her Daddy what she made for him.

I know I cut his head off, but wanted you guys to see Picasso's BG's frame.


Mr. P and I got BG a Praise Baby cd and a Mickey Mouse doll which she is terrified of.


I mean seriously terrified. She burst into tears when we pulled him out. I don't get it. She loves him on tv. Maybe the whole in the tv, out of the tv is too much for her.

No clue. But she hates him. Today I let him sit in the living room and watch us play, and she avoided him like the plague. Nothing I like better than wasting money.

I Googled "fear of stuffed animals" though and she isn't alone. Who am I kidding? I have a fear of dolls and a big stuffed mouse is about twenty times worse.

When I put it that way, I kind of feel bad for making him give her kisses earlier.

Hmm.. Mother of the Year. Seriously. I have it in the bag.

Once we got BG in the bed, Mr. P and I sat down to a nice romantic dinner prepared by moi.

And then the fire alarms went off. Are. You. Kidding. Me.

And it wasn't even because of my cooking this time.

So we woke up the little, got the dogs, attempted to get the cat which lead to a mutilation of Mr. P's arms, and then headed outside to stand on the hill with our neighbors while our maintenance man ran around like a crazy person trying to find the key to turn off the blasted alarms.

Nothing says love like freezing outside with a bunch of people you don't know, your dogs trying to start a fight with a great dane, and a siren blaring in the background.

I pink puffy heart Valentine's Day.

Eventually we made it back inside where we ate, Mr. P fell asleep on the couch, and I blogged. Life is kind of awesome.

9 comments:

Allison said...

Wow! You had a real adventure for Valentine's Day. Her chubby cheeks are just fantastic! And the only way to get a 10 month old to stay still is to take pictures while they're sleeping. Wait until she's walking! Then you'll be taking pictures of nothing because they're gone gone gone.

A.B. said...

I think BG looks more and more like you by the day!!

No Longer Newlyweds. said...

Hysterical.
I love BG's outfit...you could have slipped her in the mail and sent her down here. =) It would have been Jude's most favorite Valentine's surprise!

Laura said...

Too too cute!!!! Love the outfit!

Domestically Deficient said...

She's too sweet. What a great little Valentine!

Newlywed Next Door said...

OMG about the fire alarm. Super romantic V-Day, eh? I love that Ace didn't want to be caught -- typical cat.

Speaking of cats -- you trying to capture a picture of BG reminds me of trying to capture a picture of Judah Cat. I have about a million pics of his side, tail, back of his head, etc. So I think a 10 month old has the attention span of a cat which = zero. :)

Paige said...

What a Valentines day you had! lol.
She is the cutest little thing ever! I love her outfit!

Belle on Heels said...

i pink puffy heart big time freaking LOVE this little outfit. it is AWESOME!!!

Melanee said...

goodness, those cheeks!! i know what you mean about stuffed animals. also beware of people dressed as animals. easter bunny, things advertising on the side of the road, and the dreaded chick-fil-a cow. my kids are on the verge of tears each time we go there. so so sad.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin