Sunday, February 17, 2013

love day.

I was actually out of town the week of V-Day. If you know me at all, you know I have slight control freak tendencies. I can't help it. It just is the way it is. When I realized that my work trip and Valentine's Day were the same week, I might have freaked out a little. I might have even considered switching around my trip. I didn't; but I considered it.

I did leave Mr. P with strict instructions for the week. I was bummed that I wouldn't have time to make homemade Valentine's for BG's class, but let's be honest, the Tinkerbell ones probably made her happier any way. I did manage to buy everything she would need for her class party and just left Mr. P the list of things to do.

When I told him he might have to take something, he told me he'd be telling her teacher "her Moms out of town. We'll catch you on the next one", so the red velvet cupcakes I bought never got made. Oh well.

Other than that, he stuck to the plan. The two of them sat down together one night and made her Valentines for her class and he even managed to text me a few pictures.
IMG_6460IMG_6461

BG had quite the week at school. She and her grandparents attended the Grandparents' Lunch on Valentine's Day and she had a class party the next day. Don't worry, I laid out perfectly heart related clothes for each event.

Because I wasn't here, there are no pictures of those events, but word on the street is she had a blast. She usually does.

I came home Valentine's Day night so I was home for the big event on Friday night; the Father/Daughter dance.
IMG_6470IMG_6475IMG_6479

Y'all. There are no words.

BG was so excited about getting to do this with her Daddy. She was excited about dressing up, excited about dancing, and just plain excited for one on one time with her favorite guy. She almost didn't get to go, but I am so, so glad they went. I think it was good for both of them.

They didn't stay long and BG spent more time chasing a balloon than dancing with her Daddy but they both had a blast. It was written all over their faces when they got home.

Of course that could have been the ice-cream from their ice-cream stop on the way home. Whatever.
IMG_6480IMG_6483IMG_6484IMG_6487

I couldn't have picked a better way to spend Heart Day. I have two amazing Valentines.

3 comments:

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

How cute are they going to their first father daughter dance??!? Looks like the perfect Valentines Day!

Vanessa Miller said...

Aww...so sweet! I can't wait for my daughter to get excited about things like this!

Erin said...

Her dress and coat are the cutest valentines outfit I've seen! Ah, she is just precious! Glad y'all enjoyed it :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin