Tuesday, March 5, 2013

tidbits.

To say that things are a bit hectic right now would be putting it mildly. Such is life though no?

I've jumped full throttle into this new job and dare I say; I am positively loving it. It's not easy and I find it irritating that a lot of my success rides on some very unreliable people, but what I actually get to all day is absolutely thrilling to me. It's easy in that it comes completely natural and I find that I am eager to get to work each day.

Then there's the parts where I'm in the car 8 + hrs a day and on the phone about 22 hours a day and the computers about 7 hours a day and whoa. Those are the parts that are overwhelming me.

I'm trying to figure out a way to put about 80 some hours of work into 25 (because I'm technically part time) and it's not working. There's too much to do. Not enough time to do it.

I'm honestly not complaining. I'm just overwhelmed. On top of work, I'm trying to find a balance with home. I haven't been to the grocery store in ages and my fridge proves it. The time at the end of the day that should be reserved for husband and child, is spent on the computer sending in reports. Have I mentioned I actually work two jobs at the moment? One is extremely part time, but there is the rare day that they overlap. Like today. Which is why I'm blogging in the bits of time I wait for photos to upload.

I'm actually pleased as punch to be working these jobs. I'm thrilled to be able to bring in some income for my family. I'm thrilled that things may start getting paid down and we'll be in a good place again. Hopefully soon.

I have about a million ideas for posts, but cannot seem to get the words out on paper. I feel like blogging has lost so much of it's "personalness". Is that a word? The conversations seem to be gone. The community seems to have moved on. I feel like I'm talking to no one. It's weird. And while I truly do blog for me, I do miss the interaction. I miss the "hey, I've been there" comments. I miss it. I do.

I'm sorry for the brain vomit. I think this is all I've got.

7 comments:

Samma said...

I hear you on the blogging community- I feel like it is al on instagram or twitter, and I miss the ding of a comment in my inbox.

Ashlynn said...

I feel like I talk to no one too! I went back to work in August and got laid off two weeks ago, so I will be back to stay-at-home-mommy at the end of June! I'm actually very excited about it because my working just wasn't working for our family. (husband is a cop, it's complicated!) I will pray for you because I know it can be so overwhelming. We're still listening :)

Linnea said...

I'm here reading and listening! While I do have a husband, I don't yet have children. But I know what it's like with work to have way too much to do and not enough time to do it all in without working a million hours a week. You will find balance soon, let's hope! :)

A.B. said...

new jobs. Do tell!!

Lauren said...

So glad you are thriving in your new job!!!!! I so so get what you mean about the blogging, and I 1000% agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying my season as a blog reader right now, but I'm a picky reader :) I'm kind of at a point where I don't "need" blogs the way I used to, which I *think* is a good thing. But I do miss having those "I've been there moments." I hope to hear more about your jobs soon!

Vanessa Miller said...

You were one of the first blogs I ever started to follow and you're one I specifically look for on a daily basis! I hope you find some balance between your jobs and home. Sounds rough right now!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin