Monday, March 8, 2010

Baby Girl Update

We had another appointment last Tuesday to see our precious angel and check in with how she's doing.

Worst appointment ever. Not because of her, but I was not up to it at all.

I wasn't feeling like myself at all and even the ultrasound tech could tell. Yes, we go to the doc so much they know me about as well as I know myself. She kept telling me I just looked "tired" and "beat" and asking me if I felt ok. I told her I did and we started the appointment.

I got up on the ultrasound table and laid back and got ready. I was so uncomfortable so I was pretty squirmy while she was trying to get her measurements. She kept asking me if I was ok and I just said "yep" praying this would be over quickly. She measured her head and abdomen and was working on her legs when I lost it. I was so hot, my ears were ringing, and I could just feel myself slipping. I told the u/s tech I had to sit up and I barely got up before I passed out. I think I terrified poor Mr. Perfect. I was white as a sheet, covered in a cold sweat, and shaking like a leaf. I knew it was coming. I should have said something sooner, but I really just wanted to get through the u/s. Finally after I calmed down a bit and my blood pressure regulated itself, the tech set me up on my right side for the rest of the u/s.

My child was so obnoxious. I felt horrible and just wanted this to be over. Well, Baby Girl had other plans. She would not sit still at all! The lady needed measurements on her cord and every time she found the cord, Baby Girl would grab it and pull it out of the way. She kept wrapping it around her feet, kicking it, pulling on it, everything she could do to keep the lady from getting what she needed. It took an additional 30 minutes to get what she needed from the cord. So frustrating.

After that was the stress test, which my angel finally decided to cooperate for. She must have figured out that her poor mother was fading fast, because she did perfect for this test. Her heart is doing exactly what it's supposed to and she is one active little munchkin.

The u/s tech did find out that I have a high normal amount of amniotic fluid. As far as I understand, it's not really an issue right now, but it will be something they watch. Good think I hang out with them so often, plenty of chances to be monitored. I guess I'll find out more about my fluid levels when we go back tomorrow. I'm also being checked to see if there's anything happening down there *ahem...

Thankfully, I still have a very healthy, very chubby, precious little girl growing away in there. I am getting so ready to meet her....


No Longer Newlyweds. said...

Sometimes, I just don't want to go to the doctor either. I feel like I get sick of seeing them...since we are on a weekly schedule now. Sometimes, I don't cooperate. I am WAY over pretending to be happy. I let everyone know how uncomfortable I am.
Let's hang in there. I go today at 3 pm.

Legallyblondemel said...

I'm sorry. There are just some really rough days to this, aren't there?

Fingers crossed everything works out ok with your fluid situation. In happier news,glad to hear your girl is cooking well in there!

Kristin said...

Ohhhhh, I had one of those. Totally felt my eyes rolling back in my head!

Lindsey said...

I'm sorry friend, hope all is well. Prayer and hugs to you!

d.a.r. said...

Aww sweet girl, I bet you are just SO ready to be done being pregnant and finally have your little girl here!!


Blog Widget by LinkWithin