Wednesday, March 31, 2010

gulp.

So, curve ball alert.

I got a call from my doctor at work at about ten this morning. He said he'd thought about it all night, and he had decided that it didn't make any sense to wait any longer on this little girl and that he wanted to get the show on the road sooner.

At three 'o clock tomorrow afternoon.

Holy wow.

I'm sitting here tonight, my last night in my quiet little home with just Mr. Perfect and myself and our pets. We've watched a movie and piddled around. Nothing exciting, just what we've grown accustomed to. Tomorrow, our lives change. Even if she doesn't come tomorrow, we start the process and our lives will forever be different.

I've been a lot of titles in my life. I've been a daughter (sometimes a rebellious one), a sister (usually a good one), a granddaughter (sometimes a spoiled one), a girlfriend (usually a bad one- at least I'm honest!), a best friend (usually a great one), and my newest one- a wife (a very blessed one). And some time in the next couple of days, I'll add a new one; a mother. Hopefully a great one.


When I got married almost 5 years ago, I sat up the night before and cried. Not because I was sad or worried or anything like that, but because a part of me was over. I had to grow up. No more running to my parents when things weren't going my way or if I needed money. No more late nights sitting out on the roof of the house chatting with my little brother. No more disappearing for days on ends on girls trips. I was becoming a wife and a part of my own household. Well now I sit on the verge of another great change. We're fixing to bring a child into this world. It's her turn to curl up on her Daddy's lap while he tells her a story. Her turn to look over and see her parents cheering wildly for her at whatever she decides to do. Her turn to make amazing friendships that will last her lifetime. Her turn to figure out that with God and her family, she can be anything she wants to be.

My time as a child is officially over. I guess it's been over for a while, but it really feels like it's over now that she's almost here. I'm kind of terrified. I'm fixing to be 100% responsible for another human being, and it's scary. But oh my gosh, I am so excited. I can't wait to be this little angel's mother and to watch my Mr. Perfect become her father. I simply cannot wait.

So this almost 5 year long journey comes to an end very soon. I remember after our 4th loss last year, Mr. Perfect just held me while I cried and promised me that he would do everything in his power to get us our child. Well, he did it. With a little help from the big man upstairs of course. Or a lot...

Here it goes y'all. I'll be updating as I can. Thank y'all so much for every encouraging word, comment, and e-mail. It seriously would not have been the same with out y'all. I can't wait to introduce you to my Baby Girl....

29 comments:

amy (metz) walker said...

I LOVE this post. So honest and real...I can't wait to see pictures of your little one and I know you're going to be a phenomenal mom!

Brown Girl said...

This is such a beautiful post. Congratulations to you, I can't wait to see the new addition!! You are going to be a wonderful, fabulous mother!

Elizabeth said...

So, I guess I'm a blog stalker. I've read yours for a while now - and especially since last fall when you announced that you were preggo. I'm a week behind you in our second pregnancy. Your post tonight could be mine - I cried before I got married for the exact same reasons. And I also cried continuously the night before I gave birth (via c) to our first son - b/c everything that we'd come to know about marriage/life was about to change.
Its amazing watching a husband become a daddy. Made me fall in love all over again.
Congrats on becoming a mommy and I'll say a prayer that you can enjoy every minute of it. :)
Elizabeth

Stephanie said...

Best of luck tomorrow! Just from reading this post, which brought tears to my eyes, I know you are going to be a fabulous mother to your little girl! Congrats!

Kassie said...

I'm SO excited for you, your baby is coming! I know it'll be scary, but you'll be such a great mother. Everytime you write you just SHOW it!! So a pre-Congrats! :)

A.B. said...

AMAZING!!! Thinking of you!

Merryheart said...

Have a fabulous birth! Cherish each moment......it was still be a wonderful memory 10, 20, and plus years from now. I am so thrilled for you and your husband as you welcome this new little one into your lives. It will never be the same but it is an awesome new life. You will be a great mother! Blessings!

Kara said...

I wrote something very similar last night in a journal. I'm with you on all of that thinking 100%. It is such an overwhelming feeling! I think we are normal.

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

Yay! You are going to be such an amazing mommy and your sweet little baby is so blessed to have you guys as parents :-) I know that it probably seems like it's been forever since you first knew you were pregnant, but I swear it seems like time just flew by (at least in Blog-land!). Can't wait to see pictures!

Sassy Engineer said...

oh my goodness! I'm so excited for you. I'm sure everything will be so great. I can't wait to read the updatesj

Maria said...

beautiful post! can't wait to see her!

Fidgeting Gidget said...

Awww....enjoy your last night with Mr. Perfect and I hope that everything goes perfectly tomorrow! I can't wait to "meet" her!

d.a.r. said...

I love the realness and honesty of this post, simply beautiful!!! Good luck today mama! I can't wait to "meet" your little one!

Anonymous said...

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! Congratulations! Of course I teared up reading this, because you are so incredibly amazing and honest. You will be a perfect mother. I am praying for the whole family today!

Jennifer said...

OMG! Good luck! Can't wait to hear all about it and see pics!

No Longer Newlyweds. said...

I'll be thinking about you. We can't wait to see the picture!

Sherry said...

So I have been following you all this time from a distance, and have never commented. I am so excited that you little girl will soon be here! :) I hope everything run smoothly for you and I can't wait to see pictures!! :D

Virginia Belle said...

I am so excited for y'all. Good luck and I hope you have a great birth experience and an even better L&D nurse! You are in my thoughts and I can't wait to see pictures!

Grad3 said...

Filled with excitement for you and your *new* hat :) You will do great!

Cannot wait to meet her!!! Eek!

Belle on Heels said...

oh goodness, i am thinking of y'all right now!! hopefully your pretty lady is on her way to joining us!

Belle on Heels said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Belle on Heels said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Belle on Heels said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Belle on Heels said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Belle on Heels said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Belle on Heels said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shaina said...

Oh sweetheart. I am crying reading this!!! I will be thinking about you constantly until we hear the good news!!! xxoo lots of love!!!

Sandra said...

You're going to be such a great momma! xoxo

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

oh this was so sweet! it's going to be wonderful (a little tiring sometimes but absolutely wonderful :))!! i hope ya'll are doing great!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin