Tuesday, June 21, 2011

daddy day 2011

Okay I'll admit it; I'm a sucker for a Hallmark holiday.

I cannot help it. I love it. I eat that junk up. Valentine's Day, Christmas, the Fourth, heck, I'm up for Flag Day. I love it.

I do think it's important the we always celebrate the reasons for these holidays, but I love a day all about something. I really love a day all about me, but.. that's neither here nor there so..

We spent Father's Day just celebrating our wonderful Daddy of the house. We got him up bright and early (blame church not the loud women of the house) for BG to give him his present.

(blogger will not flip my photo.... grrr)
I love how the frame turned out! My twitter friend Natalie mentioned that she was doing this with her kiddos a few weeks ago and I fell in love with the idea. Mom and I took BG out to the park the other day and got some of the cutest pictures. I love the idea of a sentimental gift for this kind of occasion.

We decided to make a last minute trip to Small Town, SC to see the Mister's parents for the day, but then the car decided to play some tricks on us so we stayed home. We missed church and family dinner, but I have to say, it was so much fun to just lay around all day with my two loves.



Ice cream, bubbles, pool... that was about as strenuous as our day got.


Perfection.

6 comments:

Heather said...

Happy belated Father's Day for your house! Love the photos in the frame.

Jen Watts said...

Great gift idea... And love baby girl in that bubble romper... With lobsters!!! Love, love,love it!

Jennifer said...

We did the same thing for our Father's Day gift. Yours turned out better, though. Sawyer would not sit still!

Megan said...

I love your idea of doing a sentimental gift for these holidays. It only makes sense! This turned out sooo cute!!

Ashley Paige said...

TOO CUTE FOR WORDS! Everything.. BG, the romper.. THE GIFT!! I love it all.. So sweet!!

Lauren said...

Looks like your hubby had a fantastic Father's Day!!! Sweet pics :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin