Wednesday, April 7, 2010

the belly before it exploded.

Because I made it to my 39th week, I thought I'd post about that last week. Also, I'm putting the last belly shot on here for memories sakes. It's scary y'all. I literally thought I would pop. I spend the day I turned 39 weeks in the hospital, so this picture is actually 38 weeks 5 days. It actually got bigger in the last few days, but thankfully was under wraps in a super stylish hospital gown. So.. my last belly post. My last week pregnant. Is it bad that I kind of miss it? Just the feeling her part. Thank God that belly is gone!!

39 weeks!!

Total Weight Gained/Loss? 39 pounds. Looks like that's the final damage. Whoo.

Maternity Clothes: All the time. And most of my maternity tops aren't long enough to cover the belly. I'm living in an old pair of gauchos and basically two tops now. It's HOT here already, and all my maternity clothes are winter clothes so I'm scrounging to make myself acceptable enough to go out in public.

Sleep? I slept the beginning of the week just getting up a few times a night to use the restroom. The last part of the week I was way too anxious so I basically have gotten no sleep. It's extremely hard to roll over in bed and I basically have to roll myself out because I can no longer pull myself up. I am a beached whale...

Best Moment of the Week? She will be here this week!!! Our last doctors appointment was Tuesday, March 30th. At the appointment, our ultrasound tech got some very odd measurements. Basically Baby Girl was showing that she was actually losing weight in the womb. We were getting a weight of 6 pounds 14 ounces when the week before we were getting 7 pounds 15 ounces. Also shed moved into the middle of my uterus and was laying face up staring at the ceiling, so I was warned of back labor. Boo. Because of the size, they ran an extensive non stress test on her, but everything with that looked great. Our doctor didn't want to rush us in and induce us that day, but he was concerned that she had quit growing so he wanted to check her again on Friday, April 2nd. Well... as you all know, that got moved up!

Movement- Constantly. I know this baby is ok, because she NEVER stops moving! I'm afraid my ribs will never be the same!

Food Craving- Popsicles and chocolate chip cookies still. I need this kid out before I gain 100 pounds!

Food aversions- None. It's all fair game.

Morning sickness?- none.

Gender- Baby Girl =)

Labor Signs-Before I went into the hospital, I never had any labor pains of my own. Then Friday night, after they stopped my Pitocin, I did have a few of my own. I was sick as a dog. Constant vomiting which turned into dry heaving since I hadn't eaten in two days and then I actually lost my mucus plug on my own. TMI? Sorry. That was weird. Everything else.. medication induced. Yuck.

Belly Button- out. But barely. It cracks me up that you can see it through my shirts!

What I miss- my ankles. They were huge at this point! I just not miss being large enough to be seen three counties over... sigh.

What I'm looking forward to- I was dying for Thursday to get my induction on the road!!

Weekly Wisdom- I am so glad that I did these weekly recaps. This pregnancy flew by. I can't even believe it's time for her to be here. This has been a true test on my body, but I am actually a little sad it's over. I'm truly going to miss it being just me and her a bit. I'm going to miss her kicks and feeling her little foot through my stomach. Ok, I'm about to start crying. Basically, what I'm saying is, just enjoy it. Yea, you're probably going to be miserable 95 % of the time, but it's such a miracle.

Milestones- She's here! 39 weeks and this is all over and done.


4 comments:

rachaelgking said...

"Yea, you're probably going to be miserable 95 % of the time, but it's such a miracle."

Love. :-)

And CONGRATS!!!

Milltini said...

oh my gosh! she is totally perfect! congrats girl! so happy for you.

Kara said...

Yeah, I am just trying to do some of my normal things like blogging every day to keep my sanity. I have a "pay bills" type to do list that hasn't been touched!!! I am SOOOOO glad my baby came the same day as yours because I was a teeny bit jealous that you were about to have yours--I was tired of waiting and tired of labor pains ALL LAST WEEK. I thought "This better be going somewhere!!!"

Shaina said...

You looked gorgeous right til the end!!! Still so excited for you!!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin