Friday, April 23, 2010

Show Us Your Love...

If you head over to Kelly's blog today, you'll see tons of stories of how other bloggers met their significant others. Since I don't think I've ever shared the story of how I met the Mister, I decided to jump in. So here goes.

Back in 2004, I was quite a different person than I am today. Of course I was. I was 21.

I was into everything, always going out, staying out all night with friends, you know, being your typical 21 year old. However, I was still pretty responsible (don't ask me how, now I can't drink a glass of wine and make it to work on time the next day) and was really good at my job, so I got chosen to be one of a group of people chosen for a special project in Myrtle Beach, SC.

I was working retail when I finished up school and got picked to go help open another one of my company's stores opening up in South Carolina. I was super stoked. It was going to be 2 weeks in Myrtle Beach with some of my favorite co-workers. I couldn't wait to go hang out on the beach and go out every night.

Oh yea. And work. But whatever.

My boss and I headed up a week earlier than the rest of the team from our store. I met a bunch of the workers from the MB store and loved them. Before long, I was going out every night and getting to work at seven each morning. I was beat. But I was having so much fun.

Right before grand opening, I was working in the stockroom of the footwear department, when I met him. I was minding my own business working on a project on the computer when one of the MB store managers comes barging in. He turned to me and asked me what I was doing on his computer and then commenced to giving me a hard time about not asking to be on his computer.

I lost it. I was exhausted and had been working all week at their store and was pissed off that he was yelling at me. So I fired back. I don't remember exactly what either of us said but I do remember storming out of there.

Well he got my attention. I noticed him every where the rest of grand opening. He kept giving me a hard time about stuff which just made me look for him more.

Yea, middle school flirting.

Finally he asked for my number. But then he never called.

So I called him. And that night we had our first date.

He worked late so I met him down on the beach and we talked for a bit. Then we decided to take a tour of the most haunted places in Myrtle Beach. So right up my alley. I was a smitten kitten.

The night was awesome, but I had to leave the very next day. He came to our hotel and helped me and my boss pack up. He told me he'd call and we left it at that.

Once again, he didn't call. So one night while out with some friends (and after a few brewskis), I called him. Next thing I knew I was inviting him down to go out with us for my birthday. That night.

He drove down. Got to my town about eleven. It was my birthday, six nights after we met. Just 3 months before we got engaged. Just 8 months before we got married.

It was my fastest relationship ever. It's also the best one I've ever been in. Obviously since I'm still in it. I adore that man. I have from the minute I met him. I am so happy with him and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life loving him.

2 comments:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Just because it's fast...doesn't mean it's right! I was with my ex for 10 years was never even close to being married...I married the hubs less than 2 years after meeting him!

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

Very cute! And I agree that there's nothing wrong with fast :-) Chris and I dated for 6 months, got engaged, and were married 6 months later. Zoom!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin