Sunday, January 13, 2013

back to good

The last couple of years have been rough. Really rough.

As I see posts flying around the blog world with "words of the year" listed, I can't help but think about what exactly my word would be.

To be honest, for the longest time I had no idea. Content would be a good one, but I don't think strong enough for what I hope for in 2013. Secure would actually fit because with all the upheavals of the past two years, I absolutely would love to have a feeling of security for just a few seconds.

But nothing fit.

My blog has been pretty silent lately and one would think that would be because there's nothing to say, but that's far from the truth. The truth would be that my insides and my thoughts have been in turmoil for a very long time and I have yet to find the way to spit that out on this screen.

Back to my word.

In 2013 I wish for one thing; peace.

I wish for decisions made in God's will that bring us peace. I wish for financial decisions to be made that can finally bring us peace in our financial situation. I wish for a sense of peace on where our family is headed next.

It's not really fair to say that things have been bad the last couple of years because that would imply that I'm not happy. And I am happy. So freaking happy. But things have been rough. They've been bumpy and rocky and turbulent and honestly, I'm tired. I just need some peace and quiet.

In 2013 I need resolution. Resolution to open ended issues that have been around for years. Resolution on big decisions.

Resolution will bring peace.

I just want things to get back to good. I want a few less stress induced headaches. I want a few less sleepless night. I want a few less open ended issues hanging around.

I want peace.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Now I have "Back 2 Good" by Matchbox 20 in my head. Fabulous song.

Anyways, I hope 2013 is a wonderful year for your family filled with lots of peace

Erin said...

This sounds like the perfect word :)

Jen Watts said...

Peace is a great word.. Sometimes I have to remind myself to BREATHE you know? Like instead of enjoying things and being in the moment I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Cheers to 2013 friend, I think it has great things in store for both of us and our families!

Anonymous said...

Oh friend, I am soooo with you on this. Things have been stirring in me for a while and I am choosing to listen this year. I'm trying to listen to God more and actually hearing what He has to say. Tough stuff. Hugs to you in 2013!

Anonymous said...

Oh girl, I am so with you on this. I have had things stirring in me for a while and I'm trying to sift through all of it. To listen to God more and actually hear what He is trying to tell me. Tough stuff. Hugs to you in 2013.

Lindsey said...

I think that is the perfect word, love it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin