Tuesday, January 29, 2013

family time in the s.a.v.

While we went home for my Papa's 80th birthday celebration, we were also lucky enough to have the luxury to spend the weekend with family that we don't get to see very often.

I'll be honest, it's only been in the last few years that I absolutely cherish family time. I'm a bit of a private person (says the girl who blogs on the Internet) so I really like my space, but I'm starting to find that a few days surrounded by the people I love most, are always good for my soul.

We're spread out all over the country now and it is really, really rare for us all to be together at one time, so this weekend was even more special. We had almost two whole days of family fun. We had the party one day (obvs), followed by an early breakfast, some park play time, and even a trip out to the cemetery to check on my Grandma's grave.

There was a lot of laughter, a lot of old stories told, and a lot of hugs and love and a bit of sadness at the goodbyes. I adore my family. I wish I could see them more, although it does make the visits that much sweeter.

Enough of all that, how about some pictures.
CollageCollageCollage
My kid loves a swing. She would do this all day if we let her.
CollageCollage
A wasn't so much into the hugging thing but BG was bound and determined she was going to get her good bye hug. And she did.
CollageIMG_6219eIMG_6219e
Loving her game of catch and one on one time with her Pops.
IMG_6219eIMG_6219e
It's been long enough. I'm ready for another visit. Stat.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such sweet pictures! Glad you guys had such a good time!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin