Tuesday, August 23, 2011

10 years later and still fabulous!


A lot of people were shocked when I mentioned that I was heading to my high school reunion this past weekend. In the Facebook day and age, I will admit that a reunion seems a bit unnecessary as I can tell you just about anything and everything about a person due to my stalking checking things out.

However, I still adore 95% of my friends from high school and any reason to get us all together is a-ok in my book. So I enlisted my Mom's help with BG for the weekend and packed it up to make "reunion weekend" a big 'ol Girls Weekend 2011!

*Reunions aren't the Mister's thing. So I cut him some slack and let him off the hook for this one.*

I made it down to Savannah super, super late on Friday night/Saturday morning and was woken up at 6:15 am by my friend's two kiddos. For the love, I am spoiled by my child and her sleeping til 9. Le sigh.

We spent Saturday hanging out with my Grandma at the hospital, doing some shopping, and then heading downtown to get the festivities under way. I got a hotel downtown with my three best pals in this world (two who went to high school with me, one who came down to spend the weekend with us). I can't even tell you what it does to my soul to get together with these girls. They have made me who I am today and I adore them. And the laughter? Nonstop with these ladies. I LOVE them.

I spent the entire evening laughing with the people who I spent four incredible (and some longer than that) years with. Who I played sports with. Some that I dated. Some that I went on to college with. And some that are still my dearest friends. Obviously we've all changed a lot. There was less talk of parties and boys and girls and more talk on kids, homes, and jobs. There were tons of wives and husbands to meet. Tons of pictures of kids to "aww" over. I laughed so hard and talked so much that I couldn't even talk on Monday. Good times.

I'm so glad that I went. It was HARD being away from BG for the first time and it sucked leaving Mr. P at home, but I had SUCH a good time with my girls and with my old friends. I will never be able to express how thankful I am for my pals. They seriously rock so hard.

It was so fun reminiscing of the "good 'ol days" but I'm not going to lie; I was super glad to be home Sunday. However, I can't wait for the twenty year! These times are good for my soul!

3 comments:

Tiff said...

Glad you had such a great time! I know you needed that! :) I love all the pictures.

I am gearing myself up for being away from T for THREE nights next week! :( it's so hard. And really doesn't get easier--for me anyway.

lg2006 said...

So glad you had a great trip! I also enjoyed my mommas time away!

Unknown said...

Sounds like such a great time!! I'm glad you were able to get away and have some soul-refreshing girl time!! I have my 10 year reunion in the fall and can't wait!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin