Thursday, September 15, 2011

birthday recap.

Birthdays look a bit different at twenty nine no?

I remember (vaguely) when birthdays were a night out with friends, drinks and dancing. This year? Church, Sesame Street and lunch with my two favorite people.

There was a glass of sangria with this pretty lady, so that's old timish right?

Except for the two toddlers sharing dinner with us. ;)

Mr. P and BG woke me up with gifts in bed that morning and then it was breakfast and off to church. We ate a quick lunch afterwards and prayed for a quick nap before we had to head to Sesame Street Live.

I was terrified that BG was going to freak out at all the costumes and leave me listening to weeks of Mr. P saying "I told you so", but she did great! At first she just kind of stared at them but the longer it went on, the more she clapped and giggled and danced around. It was adorable!



After the intermission was a different story though. She had lost interest in the show and just wanted to run around. We had to pull out the Goldfish for any chance of her sitting still til the end.

Overall, she loved it. I will wait until she's a bit older til we go again. I looked at Mr. P one time as we both sat there listening and I had to laugh when he said "five years ago this would've been a Metallica concert".

So true. Five years ago I would've been at Bonnaroo. Oh how the times have changed.

We met up with Erin, TC and Hudson for dinner afterwards. I adore Erin and am so thankful for her friendship and it was fun to introduce the husbands for the first time. I just wish they lived closer so we could see them more often!

Clearly BG was OVER IT by this time.

After finally getting BG calmed down enough for bed (at ten o' clock.. grrr), we passed out too and called it a day. Good times.

A much different birthday from ones in the past, but so much fun. Thanks again for all the birthday wishes and tweets y'all. You helped make my day!

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Sounds like a wonderful birthday!!!!!!! :)

Kara said...

Happy Birthday!

Virginia Belle said...

It sounds like you had a fantastic Birthday! That picture of you and Erin with your children is too cute!

Ashley said...

Sounds like a great day! I'm so glad she did well at SSL! Happy happy birthday! : )

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

what a sweet mama!! and a fun day! and so fun that y'all got to meet up too, cute mamas! happy happy birthday again! :)

lg2006 said...

I am so jealous of all this sesame street live business! Great pics! Glad she enjoyed most of it! I wonder what peebs would do!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin