Thursday, September 1, 2011

perfection in a Tuesday

Tuesday was pure perfection.

Tuesday is my one day a week that I don't have to go into the office at all. Sometimes I use it to take care of all the errands that I can't do the rest of the week and then BG and I are exhausted at the end of the day after running around like chickens with our heads cut off.

This past Tuesday I decided we weren't going to do that. We were just going to take the day and hang out and enjoy each others' company.

So we did.

BG starting her day with some tv time and letting me drink some coffee was the perfect start. She usually won't sit still for more than fifteen seconds, but that morning she gave me FIVE minutes. Five minutes people. Basically a lifetime.

After showing no signs of a morning nap happening, we packed it up and ran one errand (so I lied). We came home for lunch and quick nap and then spent the rest of our afternoon eating popsicles, playing at the park, baking cupcakes and playing.

It was awesome.

Sometimes this age is so dang frustrating. She's so independent but she's still so little and I'm still so scared to just let her go. All of the above usually leads to tantrums of frustration that leave both her and I so rattled. But at the same time, this age is a blast.

Take Tuesday for an example. She spent the day saying "a,b,c" over and over, walking around pretending to eat off one of her tea plates, and climbing up the slide and going down it all by herself. Yes, I cried at the park because she's just so big. When did she become such a girl? And not the inanimate (basically) baby object she once was?

I need days like Tuesday. Days in which my heart nearly bursts with pride over what she's learning and doing. Days which remind me that while the tantrums and the frustration are there (hello toddlerhood), she's also getting so much from me and that I'm always an example. Days where she comes up to me and motions for me to pick her up (which is totally new and I LOVE it).


Days like Tuesday rejuvenate my Mama soul and remind me what an awesome human being I'm helping to mold. Thank God for days like that. They get me through some of the, shall we say, hairy days.

13 comments:

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

Okay, I lOooove that strawberry outfit! TOO CUTE

Etosia (e-tasha) said...

She is so adorable!

Belle on Heels said...

ZOMG i love her little strawberry outfit!! precious. and i about died at your inanimate baby object comment. when i was a baby, my dad used to ask my mom when i was going to do something interesting, and she said she always cursed him for asking that when i was ella's age and into EVERYTHING!!

Unknown said...

Love days like that! I know what you mean about that age though...it was frustrating for both Little M and I as well. It gets easier once they get a little older and can be more independent!

Paige said...

Days like your Tuesday are such a blessing. Our days last year were Fridays, and I would just cherish each moment with her because I knew that Little Miss Big Stuff Kindergartener was fixing to grow up way to fast!

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

"Thank God for days like that." Amen :-)

Suze said...

Awe, what a perfect bliss day !

I miss those when I was small and my mom and I would have them! So much fun!

Seriously she makes my day, love her outfits!

Steph said...

Love those days!!

Her outfit adorable and I totally smiled HUGE about "a b c"!

xoxox

Angie said...

park, Popsicles and cupcakes...those three things sound amazing!

Sounds like a great day with your little cutie!

Jen Watts said...

We are soo on the same page!! It seems there's that one perfect day where I'm like thank you Lord.. Maybe I am cut out to be a momma to this baby girl you've blessed me with. Can I say baby girl forever?? Carsyn will be one in a few weeks and I just cry thinking about it.

Did I tell you I loved your vlog?!?

Lindsay said...

Oh my goodness....she's too cute!!! Love that strawberry outfit!

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

I hear you on those blissful days when you feel so blessed to have your child; not that you or any of us don't feel that way always, but there are those special days when you have to just pinch yourself. I'm so glad you had one of those this week.

Ashley said...

Heart. : ) She's so precious. So glad you had a wonderful day-those are the BEST.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin