Monday, September 19, 2011

summer days...

Last summer is kind of a blur. I spent it with a newborn and celebrated a bunch of "firsts" with basically a lump that would smile and coo. Yes, it was all fun because it was her "first" time doing everything, but it was pretty calm and quiet.

This summer? Couldn't have been more different.

This summer I had a toddler and holy wow the fun. I'm super stoked for fall and all the fun that it brings but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tad sad that all this summer fun is over...

There were hikes...


..lots of pool time (which the dogs have now taken over as their hideout. Guess we were done with it!)...


...nature walks...


..and ice cream dates.


We've learned how to blow bubbles...


...watched fireworks..


...hung out at the splash pad a bit..


..and did some swinging.


There's been days of sidewalk art..


...playhouse time..


..and dog washing days.


We've ate lots of ice cream, frozen yogurt and popsicles.


Simply; we've had a blast.

I'm a bit bummed that summer is over. Even more so after this little walk down memory lane. But guess what?

Up next is fall. Which means pumpkin patches, hay rides and trick or treating. It means football, carnivals and state fairs. It means another season of watching my sweet girl take in life.

Man, I can't wait for that.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

She is SO cute! Love the sidewalk chalk pic!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

awww, I love this, what a great post, such sweet sweet memories! such a good mama! I am sure she had so much fun with each of those new experiences! We love love fall activities too, it will be so much fun!

Angie said...

I love this idea of doing a summer recap post!

I'm so excited about pumpkin patches!

Your little sweetie melts my heart...she is a doll!

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Aw. I know what you mean - last summer was a quiet, sleep-free blur for us too, and this one has been a loud, messy, (thank you Lord) more rested but more active ball of fun.

I'm ready for fall to get here because the summer weather has been so brutal here, but I will otherwise look back on the summer with that same fondness you describe so well here.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin