Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Baby Girl update

So yesterday I had my 30 week check up. My hemoglobin dipped way low again, so once again, I've been told to eat more leafy greens and red meat. Blech. But do-able.

My external measurements are right on track. It looks like she's growing as she's supposed to, but they are still going to do an ultrasound every appointment from here on out most likely. They are really concerned about my placenta not giving her the nourishment she needs, and if it starts to look like that, then out she comes.

Next week they are doing some special ultrasound where they watch her breathe and watch her do a few other movements followed by a non-stress test to see how she responds to certain stimuli. Any of you know anything about either of these tests? If so, please tell me what you know. Is this a routine pregnancy thing? I'll be 32 weeks at my next appointment so I have no idea what to expect at this point. I know my friends down here that just had their babies didn't have these tests done, so I know nothing about them.

I gained 5 pounds somehow. Up a total of 22 now. Gag. My blood pressure is still great even after days with a sick hubby and the in-laws staying with us. =) All in all, I think things are still good. I'm starting to worry about her delivery. I just want us both to be healthy to go through this.

Only 10 more weeks. Gah, this is flying by.

8 comments:

No Longer Newlyweds. said...

I cannot believe you are up 22 lbs. You look SO SMALL. And, why are they so worried about your baby girl not getting enough nutrition? Is it because your iron is low? Well, mine is too and they haven't expressed those concerns...which makes me worry. Why did they bring up the placenta? I wish my doctor did all those ultrasounds like you are getting.

Fidgeting Gidget said...

It does seem like your pregnancy is going so fast! I hope everything turns out well with your tests, but it sounds like you have a great doctor who is making sure everything goes well. :)

KT said...

I found your blog through Sara Allred's blog and have read it a couple times...I thought I would leave a comment about the tests for the baby. I am a medical student and am actually going into residency for Ob/Gyn. The test they are running is called a Biophysical Profile (BPP). It is combination of a non stress test and an ultrasound to measure 5 things in the baby...
movement, amount of amniotic fluid, baby's heartrate, muscle tone and breathing. They use it as a tool to assess the health of the baby. They are commonly done in the last trimester but if they consider you "high risk," which they might if you have placenta problems, then they will do the BPP at 32-34 weeks. I hope this helps and you don't think it's entirely random coming from a complete stranger!

Kassie said...

Stay positive, you look great! :)

d.a.r. said...

No clue, but I hope it all goes well :)

In This Wonderful Life said...

I'll be praying all results are good one! I bet it is always better to be cautious and check things out! Don't stress ..if possible ;) xoxo

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

30 weeks?? wow=) don't you worry about 22 pounds, don't worry about your weight, it isn't high at all and you'll get it off!

we had many non-stress tests after we were high risk too. before you go just eat a little peanut butter (like pb crackers) and drink a little juice or something, give her a little sugar to get her going ;). Let me know if you have any questions about anything!! naturallycaffeinatedfamily {at} yahoo {dot} com. You'll be great!

Hollie said...

only 10 more weeks, wow! you're almost there! you look great. :-)

we made the window seat cushion by buying a roll of foam padding at a craft store, like Michaels or JoAnne's, and cut it to fit the exact measurement of the window area. Then I chose a fabric that matched her room decor and wrapped it like you would wrap a present around the cushion. we put a thin piece of wood/plywood on the bottom to staple the fabric to. you've got to really pull it tight to ensure no pleats or ripples. hope this helps! :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin