Sunday, February 14, 2010

snow day in coastal town

Holy cow it snowed in Coastal Town this weekend.

Peeps, that is huge. It hasn't snowed here since 1989. That's 21 years.

It didn't stick at my house (boo) and was gone the next morning, but Friday night we had snow. It was enough that it coated my car and the back deck. It wouldn't stick in the yard which the pups were highly upset about, but hey, it was snow.





Those are some impressive flakes y'all!

Mr. Perfect was not impressed that I made him come out in the snow...

He was miserable, but this had to be documented!!

This is how I spent my Friday night, watching the snow fall. I was in shock that it snowed, I totally did not believe our weather guy when he said it would happen.

Yep.. that's it.

The next morning, Face*book was overloaded with friends' pictures of their "snow day". It's quite obvious we don't get to see this.. oh ever.

It was really cold and wet though and my ear has hurt since I went out and played in it. So I'm good on snow for another couple of years. I know most of y'all are being pelted with much more snow than this, so keep warm!

7 comments:

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

It's so funny how different areas of the country react to snow! Here in South Bend we get pounded with it, and it's par for the course. But where my husband grew up they would get hurricanes, and that would freak me out!

Anonymous said...

This weather is crazy! My kid is going to be going to school all summer at this rate. I thought I lived in the south for a reason. {haha} Loving the pictures! Hope your having a great day! xoxo

Miss Jody said...

Thats a cute pic of all the family looking out the window...
Snow is so peaceful ...love it.
* Love your Bug by the way!
xoxox

Lindsey said...

Aw what crazy weather! So pretty though.

Anonymous said...

I love the weather! We're supposed to get another 4 inches tonight! yayayayay!!!

Grad3 said...

when i found out it was snowing down there I totally thought of you! Hope you enjoyed it while it lasted :) We got 4in up here--- I mean that in a non-perverted way ;)

Annie said...

oh you are just way too cute!! i love that you sat and watched the snow come down! i know how pretty it can be :) i grew up with snow falling and to this day sometimes i still like to watch it.
cute pictures!!
hope you had a happy LOVE day!! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin