Monday, July 2, 2012

one for the books.

This weekend was one of those weekends.

You know, where Monday comes along and you're battling the sads just because the weekend was so freaking awesome that there's no way it can be over.

Yea that.

It was definitely one for the books.

It was hot here. Which if you've logged onto any sort of social media recently, then you've been subject to more than your fair share of pictures of temperature gauges. But y'all; it's freaking hot. I think we're just all in a state of "109 say what?!?".

It's hot here in a way that takes your breath away. It's just hot.

However, I'm not complaining (just stating the obvious). I'll take the heat over the cold any day.

But knowing the temps were going to be atrocious, I went into the weekend with some fun indoor plans for BG and I.

On Friday, I got a video text from BG's beloved teacher with BG and her best friend singing about how they wanted "no mo diapers! We want panties!" (hate that word beetedubs). Being as how our last weekend of big girl pants ended with me on the floor in the kitchen in a puddle of pee, I wasn't too gung ho. But then, considering we'd be indoors anyway, I decided to give it another shot.

So we did. And then she promptly peed on the floor in front of my jewelry box.

We moved the party outside for a while just to get in some outdoor time before it got unbearably hot. And she promptly peed on the deck. Things were clearly looking up.

We had a blast playing in her pool, going down the slide (yes, both of us and you're welcome for that scary image), blowing bubbles, and just having a grand 'ol time.
IMG_20120630_113503IMG_20120630_122151

Lunch time seemed to come way to early but we headed in and after lunch and nap, it was Operation Potty Train.

And y'all? she spent the rest of the weekend in big girl pants with no accidents.

None.

It's like she just up and decided she was done with diapers and then she was done with diapers.

Wow.

I couldn't help but burst with pride for her. And not just over this, but over how even at this age, she sets her mind to something and she just does it. It's insane. She is the most go with the flow person I've ever met. Nothing phases her.

I'm sort of jealous of my kid. She's just so dang cool.

So we went to church. In big girl pants. With no accidents. She then got to choose a "special lunch", so cheeseburgers and french fries it was. I let her know that not having to buy diapers meant more cheeseburgers and french fries. She was pleased. We speak a similar food language.
IMG_20120701_180821

Oh you know... just hanging out watching some tv in my BIG GIRL PANTS.


I was riding a high all weekend. A high fueled by her successes and the grand 'ol time we were having. A high I rode straight into last evening as the three of us packed up to watch our churches fireworks display.
IMG_2152IMG_2153IMG_2158Collage4

what pictures with her usually look like...

Which was a blast. I knew it would be.

She oohed and aahed and yes, cried out a few times that they "scare me!", but over all? she loved it.
IMG_2185

Not loving it here...

IMG_2187IMG_2196


And guess what? no accidents there either.

Yep. I'm so stinking proud.
Collage42

A great weekend. We were stuck inside most of it, but it didn't matter because it was so much fun. And she figured out so much. Her mind is just picking up so much and I can't get enough of watching her.

These weekends are great. Definitely one for her record book.

6 comments:

eas said...

Aww that is such a good feeling. Hope she keeps it up! Love the pic of her with the pink
Floatie on her head!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

so excited for Ella-- and for YOU! Oh my goodness. I hope that in two days we're saying that there are no more accidents. :) 3 accidents and 3 "successes" today, so maybe not too bad. but PTing stresses me out.

you have every reason to be proud of your gorgeous girl!

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

That is so awesome. I am jealous. Help a sister out. In a few months, that is. I'm not ready with a newborn and a toddler to handle that. But YAY ELLA :) And go mommy :)

Heather said...

Congratulations!!! We'll be working on the potty train with the boys again when they get back from their grandparents.

She is so freaking cute!!!! Love the pics!

Lauren said...

You have definitely earned the title of proud momma!!! Go Ella!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Aw, I can just feel the love in this post. So glad you had such a good weekend.

And congratulations to you & Ella - that potty training success is just incredible! Please teach us your secrets. Please?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin