Thursday, July 2, 2009

decorating 101 dilemna.

I need your help ladies.

We are in the never ending process of decorating our house. Currently I am at a loss for what should go above the bed in our bedroom. I'm actually at a loss for the guest room too, but one thing at a time for my sake. Our bed looks like so at the moment. We don't have a headboard on the bed. We don't have one that goes on the King frame. I thought about having Mr. Perfect make one and covering it in fabric which I am still debating. If I did so, I want to do a gallery sort of prints over that. Smaller prints or not that many so as not to detract from the headboard.



Photo taken from Good Housekeeping

Something along those lines. Or maybe a few more but smaller.

Then I saw this picture on a blog and just loved it. I don't remember where I got it so if it was from you, much appreciated!


I know that's a couch, but I love how commanding that is. Your eye is just drawn right in. If I did something like this, I would not have a headboard. I'm pretty sure that many pictures would be able to hold their own.

They would all be in white frames, probably not matted. Sepia pictures of different trees to match the theme the bedroom. Thoughts?

7 comments:

The New Mrs said...

I love the first picture. But either way, I am sure it will look great! And Kohl's has the same picture frames (like the first one) and they are 50%!

Am said...

I like the fabric headboard idea with three matted pictures above too. Either way it will look fabulous. love the bedspread.

Miss Jody said...

I like the sephia idea also. Sephia compliments alot of areas!!

Jennifer said...

I love the sepia look. I would do about 5 small prints of trees in a line like the first picture. That would look very nice. I would also do a fabric covered headboard and then put those over it. That would look so beautiful!

Jennifer said...

I have this idea about painting my own huge canvas to put above our bed and even have a sketch of what I was thinking. I don't know if it would be acceptable to hang in the house. We'll see. Anyways, I love the idea of artwork above a bed!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

both pictures are great, but i think i like the first one best. but they're both just amazing. maybe a fabric headboard with three special photos-- don't even have to be trees. sepia or black and white will look great.

Sassy Engineer said...

I love photographs - especially if you can find ones you take yourself. I think it just makes a house so special. I also love fabric headboards so I say go for it :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin