Monday, July 13, 2009

Toad - 1, Imperfects - 0

Our dog, Lacy, is usually quite the toad (frog?) hunter. If they make their way too close to the house, she's on it.

She missed one.

That one little frog (toad?) sat outside our bedroom window and made dying cow noises croaked all night long.

"I'm going to fire a round at that thing in a minute" Mr. Perfect claimed while getting ready for bed.

"But hon, how will you know where to shoot?"

"I'm going to fire so many *rounds one will get him!"

*Edited for family content.

No shooting was had and the frog eventually quieted down. After he almost made us move to the guest room for the night.

Maybe Lacy didn't hunt him because she ran face first into a road sign and a brick mailbox on our run. Can't decide if she was just too tired to move, or if she's possibly as flaky as her mom... I'm going with the latter.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! How can one little frog be so darn loud? I hear them too. I just don't get it. I love your husbands response.

Megan said...

Those frogs can be brutal!! Glad you finally got some sleep without having to move to the guest room!

Lindsey said...

haha! brutal!

Milltini said...

ugh, I might have gotten desperate enough to kiss it, just in the off-chance that it turned out to be a prince ;-)

Miss Jody said...

Really? A frog? That loud? Ummm....my hubby would have loved to have fallen asleep to that. He sleeps like a log....

Sassy Engineer said...

Eww - I really don't like toads too much! I also hate when things outside keep you awake.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin