Monday, July 6, 2009

incredible weekend.

When you practically need a vacation to recover from your weekend, I think it's pretty safe to say you had a GREAT weekend...

We started our weekend early with Mexican food with the Marine and Lora (his girlfriend). The Marine has been in Virginia for the last couple of months getting his training to be a bomb dog handler in Afghanistan on his upcoming deployment, so this was the first time we got to see him in a while.

The Marine and Lora



Mr. Perfect and I. Please excuse my rat's nest hair. Summertime in Coastal Town does not play nice with my hair.


Lora & I


I had to work on Friday which I was super happy about (right..), but I managed to dip out of there pretty early. Mr. Perfect had planned a surprise date night for us and I wanted to do some shopping first. I scored big time at the Victoria's Secret sale and managed to find a cute pair of shoes to wear with my new BCBG dress.

I had no idea what the Mister had planned for us, but I'm all for any reason to dress up so I was game. We got all gussied up and headed downtown. He surprised me with dinner at Ruth's Chris, which was out of this world. Plus our waiter rocked and gave us free champagne. Score! It was absolutely delicious. After dinner we drove over to the street that had the little bed and breakfast that we stayed at on our wedding night. I wanted to get a picture of us in front of it, you know, four years later and all. Well Mr. Perfect strolled right on in the front door. He had booked us a room to stay in for the night! He'd even packed a bag for each of us, gotten the dogs a "sitter", and even remembered my bedtime medication! What a sweetie! He tried to get us the same room we stayed in on our wedding night, but it was booked. How did I get so lucky?!?

My heart and soul...


us.




Saturday morning we headed back to the house to pick up the Marine and Lora, and then head to the grandparents for the day. I got in a quick 2 miles and then we hit the water. We skied, tubed, laid out, ate, and pretty much were completely unproductive the whole day. It was perfection.

Lora & Mr. Perfect loading up the boat.


on the boat.


Waiting to ski.


Mr. Perfect tubing.


The Marine and I. We are NEVER serious.




Going back out to the dock for fireworks. Look at that view!



All of us.


Mr. Perfect and I were trying to get a good picture and my little brother just had to be in it. This picture absolutely cracks me up!


better =)


The Marine and I with our Granddad.


The guy in the middle of this picture is basically the Marine and my older brother. His parents (who have both passed) lived right next to our grandparents when they were alive. My dad and aunts babysat him, D, growing up. Then D watched the Marine and I growing up and basically was our older brother. Those two girls are D's children that I used to babysit for. D's family is our closest family friends and spend all holidays with us. D's grandmother actually died on the 3rd so it was kind of a somber fourth for the family. Aren't his girls just precious?!


By the time we made it home Saturday night, I was one exhausted, burnt lady. But it was so worth it. We headed right back out on the water Sunday too. We actually took the pups out there for the day and could not keep them out of the water.


The Marine teaching Miss Lacy how to swim.


Getting ready to cast for shrimp.


My babies..


Our little family. Well minus Cash. And the cat, but I don't really count him.


Hope ya'll had a great weekend as well! It's going to take me days to get back in the swing of things. I've got my lovely little glucose/insulin resistance test tomorrow, so I'm sure that will bring me back to reality. Hopefully this week will go by pretty quickly. I've got the summer bug. I need my sunshine fix!

6 comments:

d.a.r. said...

Oh my gosh, he really is Mr PERFECT isn't he?!?!?! That is amazing, what a fabulous night! Looks like yall had a great weekend!

Good luck with the glucose test...

Megan said...

What a sweet hubby you have!! That sounds like an amzing surprise date night! Glad you had a great weekend!

Jennifer said...

What a fantastic weekend! You have a sweet husband! I am really in the mood to go out on the boat! I am jealous!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Looks like you had a fab weekend! :D

Meg said...

ahh, what a sweet hubby! :) Sounds like ya'll had an awesome weekend.

Hope the test goes well!

Special K said...

Where can I get a sweet hubby like yours? Wow!
Good luck on the test...have you checked out my giveaway yet?
http://thespecialktreatment.wordpress.com/

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin