Thursday, July 9, 2009

lack of sticktoitofness.

I'm diagnosing myself with a lack of sticktoitofness. I feel blah. I went to the gym yesterday to hit the dreadmill since it was raining out. I. Could. Not. Do. It. I think I hate the gym. The smell, the funny people in spandex, the lack of good music. I could go on for days. Add to this that the tv's in front of the treadmills don't work and I still don't have an ipod and I just can't do it.

I got off and left.

I did decide while driving home to just stop being a lardbutt and just go run. So I did. I hammered out 3 miles in the rain.

Tonight? Nada.

I ran for 20 minutes, the humidity had me drenched in sweat and I decided reading blogs sounded more fun than hitting the pavement.

I was right.

Gah. I need some motivation. Like Eric Bana running one mile ahead of me. I could run then.

It's not even the running that bothers me. It's the a.d.d. and the fact that I don't have anything to distract me. Of course if I was too distracted I could get hit by a car. That would suck.

6 comments:

Miss Jody said...

The humidity does take it out of you girl. Don't be so hard on yourself! Sometimes we get all blah!!!! You'll get your spark back, just don't push yourself. Then, you'll really hate exercising!
Your fabulous no matter what :)

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

it happens to all of us! don't worry too much about it!

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

I love the name of your blog!

I thought I'd stop by and answer your question: we're moving to NZ because of my husband's job. He was offered the equivalent of a tenure-track ass't professor position at a university in Auckland, and the school is in the top 25 in the world for what he does. It was too good to pass up, and we both are excited to give NZ a try. I've had a few moments of doubt, but for the most part I'm really excited about it. We don't have any family over there, but I'm starting to meet friends through the blogosphere.

Thanks for checking out my blog - and you have a new follower!

JennyMac said...

Common ailment..but you did do three miles. If you get Eric Bana, get McDreamy for me! :)

Hayley said...

I think I was born with that. At least you got to the gym, I dont even get that far!

In This Wonderful Life said...

I'm having a hard time with the gym lately too? what is the deal??? maybe the weather? our hormones? i dunno but ugh.. happy eating :) haha

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin