Monday, March 16, 2009

Great Weekend

Well this Southern girl and her Mr. Perfect are headed back to the South tomorrow. We had such a great weekend! Yes, its ridiculous cold up here in Maryland, but I love it up here! This visit we tried to see some things we don't usually see. Obviously we always tour around D.C., but we kind of wanted to switch it up this visit. So we headed up to Baltimore on Saturday and Sunday, and today we ventured out to Annapolis.

I have a huge crush on Annapolis.

Baltimore was nice, don't get me wrong. It hit my love for big cities with tons of stuff to do perfectly. It was kind of quiet because of the rain (that was here the whole daggum weekend!), but it was nice. Love the harbor.

But Annapolis.. oh be still my heart! I love big cities. I love the energy, the people watching, the shopping, the culture. But at the same time, there is nothing quite like a quaint city. And Annapolis fit the bill. It was kind of like a Northern Charleston. Although nothing will ever be Charleston because Charleston can't be touched!! But same feel. Loved it.

We're headed back down to the SAV tomorrow morning. Wish us luck for this 10 hour drive we have ahead of us tomorrow. Like I've said before, I have the attention span of a flea so sitting in the car that long about kills me!! Once we get home I'll put up some pics. I'm using mi padre's comp right now (which I've kidnapped while I've been here to keep up with all you fine ladies!!). Hope you all have a safe and happy Saint Patricks Day tomorrow! I'm kind of sad I won't be in my lovely Irish hometown to celebrate tomorrow. It might be a good thing though, because the Irish in this girl tends to get her in trouble... =)

Hope you had a great weekend!!

P.S- I just voted 3 times by text message and 11 times on the computer for Dancing with the Stars. The reality addiction is getting out of control.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love quaint little cities like that! Have a safe trip home tomorrow friend!

Love DWTS! Who were you voting for?

In This Wonderful Life said...

glad you had a good weekend! Have a safe trip back!!

jlc said...

I wanted to visit as soon as I saw that movie!! Haha! Hope that doesn't sound dumb but it's true!!!

Glad it was awesome!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin