Wednesday, May 23, 2012

what we've been up to lately... {a catch up}

I feel like I've lost touch with blogging some which is weird because I'm still doing it. So I don't know where that comes from. I do think I've maybe slacked some on blogging the every day and I miss that. Shall we play catch up a bit then so that we can blog those little moments?

We shall.

BG is currently obsessed with accessories. That's actually nothing new though. And she has the oddest, but cutest taste. Currently it's a super cheap pair of flip flops I picked up at TJ Maxx before we went to the beach. She is obsessed with them. Like wants to wear them everywhere. It's a battle I'm not willing to fight so she usually has on her nice clothes with those flops. Yea. But she also likes bows and jewelry and, oh yea, crowns and wands. She's a mess.
IMG_0826IMG_0836


These days are long. Sometimes super long. But at the same time, the years are flying by with a quickness. I don't always notice it so much until something small sneaks up on me. Like the gray all over my sweet pup's face. Didn't I just get her?!? How is she almost seven years old??
IMG_0835


The weather was really wonky for a while there and went back and forth from sweltering hot to freezing cold. Even hitting both extremes some days. We broke out the bubble early this year, back in April, and they haven't been put back since.
IMG_0845IMG_0852


Daddy gave BG a big 'ol pixie stick one afternoon. Went over like a fart in a diving helmet. Hours later when she collapsed I'm pretty sure I heard him mutter "never again". Not the best decision...
IMG_1075IMG_1076IMG_1074


At the beginning of the month, Mr. P bought the little one quite the little pool. I'm still not sure she knows quite what to make of it, but she's warming up to it. I sure hope this kid turns into a water baby. Mama loves the water so much.
IMG_1079IMG_1080IMG_1081IMG_1083


Afternoons are so nice that they are spent outside. Usually ending in this little one having to be drug inside because she just prefers the outdoors. Which is why she needs to like water. It's too hot to just hang out outside without the promise of a pool to cool down in.
IMG_1093IMG_1095IMG_1096


I mentioned that we went to BG's buddy Hayes' birthday party at the beginning of the month, but didn't show any pictures really. It was such a good time. We had fun on the drive down with Tiff and T and a blast with all the people at the party once we got there. And BG loved little Hayes. She just wanted to walk around with him. :)
IMG_1098IMG_1100IMG_1105IMG_1134IMG_1138IMG_1140IMG_1146


The other night, BG and I headed into town for a celebration in honor of Miss Mary Brooks. The evening was spent chatting with some of my absolute favorite ladies and watching our children, who used to just sit and stare at one another, interact and play with each other. And I got a glimpse of what life might look like with other kids in the house in watching BG and sweet Addison and Hudson run around together. They were a mess!
IMG_1578

Anne, Lindsey, me, & Erin

IMG_1581

With sweet Hayes
IMG_1582

Addison and BG
I'm so thankful for the friendships I've formed with these ladies. I just wish the visits were longer!

Clearly we've been busy. But it's summer time now. Surely this means things will slow down a bit now right?!

6 comments:

Shannon Dew said...

Seriously BG makes my heart smile! Too damn cute for words!

Lindsay said...

I love the pictures of her in the pool! She's having so much fun!

Lindsay said...

I love the pictures of her in the pool! She's having so much fun!

Lucy Marie said...

Love the updates. Lately, E's fav accessory is a chef hat. She never wants to take it off! They are so bizarre. Glad to hear you are enjoying life and summer and all the fun that comes with it. xox

Maydelin said...

she is so cute!!

Heather said...

OMG! She is such a cutie! Great pics!

And I don't know about summer allowing things to slow down. This is the first official weekend of summer and I feel like it's the busiest ever!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin