Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter.

Like everything else, I think Easter is yet one more holiday that takes on a deeper meaning once you have a child.

Sure the egg hunts and bunny pictures are way more fun with a toddler in tow, but it's more than that.

I get all that about Christ dying for me and I know that I will never be worthy of His love and grace. I do. But now? When I think about it, I think about it more than just what He did for me.

Now, I realize that He did that for EVERYONE and that everyone includes my sweet child.
IMG_0159


Because He loves us, He paid the price for us. For me. For Mr. P. For her. She has hope in this life because He has already paid for her sins.

Wow.

It hit me as I sang in church tonight that He loves us that much. I would do anything for BG. Anything. Because I adore her. Because she's my world.

And Christ? Well He died for me.

Because He loves me that much. Because He adores me. Because I'm His world.

Kind of breaks it down a bit.

Happy Easter y'all. It's been a really, really good day here.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

We were sitting outside today and Kinley laid her head on my chest and all I could think was "Jesus died for HER and SUTTON." being a parent is no joke and we are so lucky he gives us this gift! Xo

Laura @ My Thoughts-Uninterrupted said...

Being a parent definitely changes your perspective on things. BG looks adorable!

Jen Watts said...

true words girl!
and Ella just completely melts my heart!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin