Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Groundhog Day!




So word on the street is that 'ol Punxsutawney Phil (yea.. say that) saw his shadow today. Boo. Supposedly 6 more weeks of winter. Not a fan. However, down here in the South we have another groundhog. His name's Beaux. Maybe. I talk like I know what I'm talking about but really I'm just repeating what the radio guy said! But I digress. Apparently 'ol Beaux didn't see his shadow. So here comes Spring. I'm going with that one! Because I'm over the cold weather. And by cold weather I mean high's in the 50's and rainy.. Sorry poor folks up North, but that's just downright cold to me and I can't take it! So I'm with Beaux. Bring on the sun!!

In other news... It's my father-in-laws birthday today! Happy Birthday Mr. G! I got so lucky in the in-law dept. I love laughing at other people stories of their in-laws but I never really have any of my own. Not that I want them!! My poor dadnlaw (I just shortened that. Excuse the grammar!) had 2 boys that never shared his interest in sports. Well in walks Megs. And she's a huge fan. So I love just sitting with my dadnlaw talking about the Braves, the Dawgs, the Cocks (we can't all be perfect GA fans ;) ), and whoever else. He's a great man who raised the best man ever! And I'm not at all biased. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boo groundhog!! I am going with your homie instead. I am so over the cold too, you do not even know!
Luv the blog:)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin