Monday, October 1, 2012

31 days

text
There is a whole lot going on right now. Some good, some not so good. Unfortunately I tend to be getting a bit bogged down in the not so good which I am not a fan of. So let's stop that shall we.

When I opened my Reader this morning, I saw numerous posts linking back to the Nester and a 31 days link up. Curiosity quickly reeled me in and I rolled over to check things out. After flipping through the details, it came to me that this challenge could be as simple or as complicated as one makes it. And I decided to make it simple.

While there is so much going on right now and I feel at times that I'm drowning, life is still happening. My child is still hysterical, my husband is still coming up with off the wall sayings, and my friends are still a riot. The little things that I've always enjoyed are still there; I'm just covering them up a bit more than I used to. So my challenge? for the next 31 days is to just soak up the small things. To relish the sound of my child's laugh, or the smell of leaves when walking the dog. To enjoy a solitary run or a cheap thrill when landing a coveted item on big time clearance.

Each day I will be back, with my small item for that day. With the one thing that was able to make it all okay at least for a few minutes. It's time to savor the small joys. It's time to slow it down a bit.

I do hope you'll join me on this little blogging challenge. Go link up and check out the rest of the 31 Dayers.

After each post is written, I'll put the link here so they will all be in one place and easily accessible. Thanks for following along.

DAY 1
DAY 2
DAY 3
DAY 4
DAY 5
DAY 6
DAY 7
DAY 8
DAY 9
DAYS 10, 11, 12
DAY 13
DAY 14
DAY 15 & 16

10 comments:

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Love this! And it's similar to my 31 days of finding at least one thing to be thankful for each day!

Looking forward to savoring the little things with you!

Unknown said...

I love this! Can't wait to follow along with your month long journey!

Pamela M said...

Love this and so glad you're doing this, too! I am excited and can't wait to read along with yours :o)

Shannon Dew said...

Good God I love this picture!

Lindsay said...

I love this and I LOVE that picture! Sweetness!

Pineapples and Pickles said...

What a sweet picture!

Angie said...

I need to remember to savor the little things right now also. I am so focused on crazy issues I keep forgetting to enjoy the ride!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Love, love, love! Oh, that pic is so sweet and so cute!! Xo

Ashley said...

Love the simplicity of your 31 days! I'm a Momma of 2 boys (25months & 11months) and am ALWAYS reminding myself to slow down and appreciate the little moments.

[dianegatorfan] said...

That picture of you two is breathtaking! Looking forward to reading your 31 days - getting ready to catch up on days 1-4 now!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin