Thursday, October 25, 2012

my best friend's wedding.

I'm one of those girls that got really lucky with my friendships. I've made some bad choices in friends as most of us have, but I've also made some really, really good choices.

In fifth grade, my family moved to a small county just outside of Savannah. I hated leaving all my current friends and was so not looking forward to moving to the "country" as I saw it.

But soon enough, I had a slew of new friends and was slowly finding my way. And one of those new friends was C.
IMG_3476IMG_3477IMG_3478
We both somehow got stuck playing small parts in our schools' GT skit program (I was a chick, she was some Roman lady) and from that play on, we've been the best of friends.

It's hard going through middle & high school and then college with a friendship intact. Boys come first too often, other friendships are formed, and people grow apart, but not with us. Every year our friendship got a little stronger.
IMG_3489IMG_3493
We've seen each other through break ups and make ups. We've walked side by side as parents disappointed us and through the highs and lows of school. She's the first person I ever drank with (and then drank way too much with). We've partied together, we've fought, we've gotten married; all side by side.

She crawled into bed with me and turned on a Friend's marathon after one of my miscarriages because she was the only person that knew I couldn't talk but I also just couldn't be alone. She held my hand as we prepared to bury my Grandma and did everything she could to make that just a bit easier on me.

Friendships like this don't come about every day and I know how blessed I am. I know how lucky we are that those eleven year old girls are still friends. That our girls are now friends.

At the beginning of the month, BG and I made the trek down to Savannah to be there as she got married. And there was no place I would have rather been.
IMG_3494IMG_3497IMG_3501
The day was simple and touching, just like she wanted. It was a day for them to just celebrate with family and friends and it was such a perfect day. Everyone was just so thrilled for C and her new husband and the atmosphere was relaxed and fun. My kind of wedding for sure.
IMG_3508IMG_3510IMG_3513IMG_3517IMG_3520
I love going home. I love being surrounded by such dear friends. I love watching our kids (still so weird) run around and play. I love sitting and having a drink while laughing so hard my sides hurt. I adore these times so much.

I'm thrilled for my friend and I wish her and her little family a lifetime of happiness. Congrats lady!

4 comments:

Anna @ The Things I'm Learning said...

I have a best friend just like this! We're really more like sisters than friends. So glad you got to see yours recently!

Amy @ Forever 29 said...

She had a bounce house at her wedding? I love it! So glad you have such a good friend :)

Lauren said...

Seriously, friendships like these rock and are such a gift from God!!!! :)

In This Wonderful Life said...

What a fun wedding and such sweet friends!!! I love miss E's dress!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin