Monday, October 8, 2012

savoring the little things: day 7

Meg31DaysButton
I'm catching up and will have Day 8 up tonight. It wouldn't be my 31 day challenge if I didn't get behind ;)

This weekend BG and I ran down to Savannah to see my best friend get married. It was a quick trip but chock full of love and lots of laughter. My soul needed that big time.

Right before leaving, I checked Facebook and saw where my friend Kelly had posted the news that sweet Julee's husband had passed away the night before. I have been reading Julee's blog for a while now and though I only "know" her through blogging/Twitter, my heart absolutely broke for her when I read that news.

None of us have a clue how long we have with the ones we love. It's a terrifying thought, but it's reality. Seeing something like this happen just makes it all the more obvious that every single second with someone is a gift. That every moment is one that you were lucky to have.


My phone died as I was getting on the road (fantastic I know) and BG quickly fell asleep. So it was just me and the open road. I did a lot of praying. For Julee and the rest of her family, for her sweet daughter, and for my own family and friends, some of whom are dealing with pretty rough times of their own.

I also did a lot of praising. Because my life is full of people that I adore and I am so thankful for the time I have with them.

Especially for these sweet days with my little girl and Mr. P. The two of them are my entire heart in human form and I can't even believe I'm lucky enough to get to do life with them.

Please pray for Julee and the rest of the Turner family. I know there will be lots of opportunities in the coming days to give in tangible ways to this sweet family so keep an eye out for ways you can help. There will be an online auction next week and you can check out these blogs for more info:Life in the Green House, Life Sweet Life, In Munchkinland, SheShe Made, and The Getts Times.

I've been in awe today at the way this community has come together to help out one of our own. People outside of the blogging/Twitter world just don't get it, but I have seen God all over this community today and it makes me so proud to be involved.


3 comments:

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

I am so heartbroken for her too. Praying hard. I'm so glad you got to go to Savannah for a quick great trip!

Lindsey B said...

I find "windshield time" as I call it so therapeutic to my soul. I cherish time when I am in my car, both kids are sleeping, and I have praise music playing. It's my most favorite time with the Lord.

My heart is so heavy for Julee. I obviously understand the potential of great loss but I can somewhat "prepare" for the worst. I just cannot imagine the pain associated with this loss. Julee and Preslee have been in my prayers since I heard the news yesterday.

Jennifer said...

I am loving your series, sweet friend. I love your heart so much!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin