Monday, October 1, 2012

savoring the little things: day 1

Meg31DaysButton
31 Days
It's kind of funny that this whole 31 Days challenge started today. What's even funnier is that I picked to write about "savoring the little things" and then proceeded to do nothing but wish away the day as I was a stressed out mess of a person today.

It actually got to the point about four o' clock this afternoon that I was all "what the heck am I going to write about??" when I looked down at my dirty pajama (yes, pajama) pants and my screaming toddler hanging from my leg for the fortieth time today and could not think of one single thing I wanted to remember about this day.

So I decided to "make" a little thing. Ha. I decided that BG and I would ride down to Sonic and get a slushie (which she loves) and then we would come back to the house and I would take really cute pictures of us sitting on the front porch enjoying our slushes together. Well then life happened and I took the wrong turn in our new town and went around my butt to get to my elbow and while driving way out of the way, BG decided to turn her slushie over in her seat and bathe in it.

Yay. Little moments I live for.

Or not.

By the time we got home, I was even more of a frazzled mess than I was before we left. So stripped off BG's now sticky, wet clothes, put her patch on her, and set her down in front of the tv with some Dora so I could finish my (non spilled) slush in quiet.

Eventually the dogs started to whine to go outside, so I got up to let them out. Only it was pouring, so they wouldn't go (typical). But before I could shut the door, my toddler pushed through and was outside in the rain before I could stop her.

She was laughing and splashing and squealing "Look Mommy! It's raining from the sky!!" and the little pointer finger was just a going and before I could stop myself I did it; I laughed.
Collage

Truth be told, I should have brought her in. It was patch time, which can't get wet, she already has horrible respiratory problems, and she was in her skivvies, but I just couldn't do it. Because she was loving it. And for the first time all day, she was laughing and carrying on like I so love to see her do.

So I let her stay outside. Though I did insist on a rain coat.
IMG_3455eIMG_3457eIMG_3458eIMG_3459eIMG_3460e
I absolutely adore this kid. Crazy as she makes me (and it's pretty darn crazy), I wouldn't trade one single day with her. And watching the joy she gets in the small things, things like catching raindrops, well, you can't put a price on that. It's awesome.
IMG_3463e


And a huge, huge thank you to my girl AP for designing my button here. You know if all the "cool kids" are doing it, I want to too! Thanks lady!

8 comments:

Maria said...

That's actually such a great story! You get bonus points for finishing your slush and taking such sweet pictures. Hang in there, momma :)

Jen Watts said...

Girl, I adore each and every one of those photos..especially the near naked in the rain ones. and your button-stinkin adorable..There were few joys here today momma..what is up with our kids?

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Such precious photos & memories! Love it! :)

Rachel said...

This makes my heart so happy!

Lauren said...

LOVE this!!!!!!!! :)

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

I kind of feel like our lives often mirror one anothers. This grand (little) idea of a fun slushy and then your 2 year old totally demolishing that moment by dumping it on herself. Thats classic over here.

Rachel said...

:) I loved where the direction this post went! Those black and white pics are precious.

[dianegatorfan] said...

So glad she found how to turn the day around for you - without even trying! Just precious - nothing better than a (near) naked baby!,

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin