Friday, October 19, 2012

goodbyes blow, yes they do.

Some day I won't still be blogging about the move and all that it entailed. That day is not today. I want to get these pictures on here and this is on my mind so here goes.

Before we left Anderson, we made sure to spend as much time as we could doing some of our favorite things. We visited tons of parks, ate at our favorite restaurants, went on lots of runs, and made sure that BG had plenty of time to say good-bye to her little best bud.
IMG_3204
I have to admit, moving from Savannah to Anderson was a lot easier than this move. There were no little two year old feelings involved. There were no Moms whose hearts were breaking over separating little best buddies. There were little to no tears. This move? not the same.

I put a lot of time and energy into moving so I wouldn't have to think about leaving. For BG's part. Because I knew this was going to be a change that would really rock her world and I was not looking forward to it at all.

The day we left town, Stacy and Zo came by to say goodbye. BG and I had picked out a little bracelet for her to give Zo so that the two of them would have a "bff" bracelet.
IMG_3350IMG_3352IMG_3354
They of course absolutely loved it and thought they were just the coolest little things with their matching bracelets. Stace and I of course teared up at just how much joy the little things bring to these two.
IMG_3356eIMG_3357e
Long before we were ready, Mr. P announced that the last of the house was on the U-Haul and it was time to pull out. Zo wanted nothing to do with saying goodbye and kept trying to run out the door hollering "Ella comes with me!". Only Ella wasn't coming with her and E couldn't quit crying over not being able to hug Zo bye.
IMG_3388IMG_3389
BG and I walked them out to the car where I had to literally pull BG back out of the vehicle. They were both determined they were leaving together. And when I pulled her out, that's when they both lost it.

So BG and I sat in my front yard while Stace loaded up Zo who was hysterically yelling "ELLA!!! Come with me!!!" and my little one sobbed in my arms and did every monkey move she could to get down and get in the car. It was awful.

BG and I watched til they were gone and until the two of us couldn't even see through our tears anymore. We talked about how we were moving again, but BG couldn't doing anything but whimper "Zo, Zo no go" over and over again.
IMG_3358IMG_3367IMG_3378IMG_3384
leave it to my child...
It was awful and hard and still hurts so much. We just miss our friends.
IMG_3387
Surely it's time for a trip back right?!?

5 comments:

Laura said...

This just made me so sad! Sweet girls! I can't imagine moving right now. I feel like our roots are so much deeper now that we have kids. I hope you meet a fantastic new group of friend's & it is definitely not too soon for a visit. :)

Jaclyn_Rose said...

Okay I LOLed at the first a d especially second picture where Zo had BG in a headlock and no one else notices! Haha

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

This even made me tear up a little bit! I was about the same age when my first BFF moved away. We never did see each other again, but I'll never forget her!

Lauren said...

These pictures are beyond precious, and so sweet and sad at the same time!!! :(

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Oh my, what a hard day(s). big hugs to you!! praying for quick friends in your new area!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin