Wednesday, March 3, 2010

women.

Here's what I don't understand. Women have had a hard road to get where we are today. Ladies before us busted their a*$es to work and fight for the things we get to enjoy today. We are a powerful group. We can still rock a board meeting, give birth, run a marathon, and run our daily errands wearing 5 inch heels and a smile. Well... most of the time. We can vote, we can hold incredible jobs, we can voice our opinions and have it heard and taken seriously. Yet, we still have one major thing that is always trying to hold us back.

Other women.

Seriously. What is the deal? I've never understood the cattiness of women. All my life I've been closer with guys. Because you know where you stand with them. I like the whole "what you see is what you get" thing. They're honest.

A woman?

Will stab you in the back quicker than you can say "stiletto". And I do not get it.

If you don't like something that someone says, then don't agree with them. Simple. You don't have to not only disagree, but take their words and belittle them to the point that they feel 2 inches tall. I mean, come on. Some women are prettier, some are smarter, some make prettier babies (hey, I'm honest), but every single person out there is struggling with something. Why do we as a group have to make it harder for us to get through the day?

That's all I've got to say about that. I just don't get it. And I think there's been way too much of it all around lately. Chill out ladies, and put those claws away. It's actually ok to be nice and supportive. Shocker huh?!

6 comments:

Brown Girl said...

Totally agree. I've always been closer with guys as well.

Virginia Belle said...

So well said and I totally agree with you! Why is it that we have such a hard time treating others the way we would like to be treated? Thanks for this post, very inspiring!

Kassie said...

Ugh, don't get me started. I'll never understand how girls treat each other. Luckily, I've always been one to rather have a couple of really true friends than a lot of so-so ones, but I've definitely had to "cut" some toxic ones!!

Jennifer said...

We treat each other terribly over some of the most trivial things. There's an excellent book written about it, if you're interested. Its "Tripping the Prom Queen" by Susan Shapiro Barash.

Grad3 said...

You and me both.

I have always gotten along better with guys for that very reason.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much, I'm having a bit of a rough week with the mama drama and really needed to hear this.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin