Thursday, April 2, 2015

five.

And just like that, five years has flown by and tomorrow, my sweet angel, you will be five.

I feel like I'm going to wake up and you'll be sixteen. Not even kidding.
I remember when you were younger, I would write updates on what you were up to and what you were learning. I could fire off tasks and funny things you would say with a quickness because everything was so new. But now? You have exploded sweet girl. This past year has taken you from a toddler/preschooler to a little girl and it happened over night.

The other day we were all in the car and I looked back at you in your seat and I couldn't get over how grown you were. I remarked to your Dad about how you now had "big kid legs", all muscle and length and no more of the pudge of your toddler days. And it made my heart ache. Because while I absolutely adore the girl you are becoming, I do miss my tiny baby. But that's to be expected.

The biggest milestone for you this year was becoming a big sister and girl, you are the best big sister EVER.
Have we had bouts of jealousy? Of course, but you got your world rocked by Cooper joining it and you have handled it with a grace far beyond your years.

You adore your brother. You love to feed him and change him and you get so excited on nights we let y'all share a bath because then you get to help bathe him. When he smiles and laughs at you, it absolutely makes your day and you will turn to whomever is near and excitedly exclaim "he smiled at me!". I'm pretty sure that will never get old.

If you accidentally "hurt" him (like crawling on him to get to my lap), you will apologize til your blue in the face and your little face will still show how worried you are long after we have reassured you that he is fine. You love your little brother. My prayer is that you will always care for him the way you do now. He has one awesome person in his corner in you.

Ella you are hands down still the light of our lives. You make us laugh so hard and you make us absolutely beam with pride at the things you are learning and accomplishing.

You aren't perfect though. You have a sarcastic streak a mile wide and a tongue that is going to get you in trouble a lot. We are working on self control with you but you are one of those people that always have to get the last word in. You get it honest girl and I do apologize for that.

You are smart and you do so incredibly well at school. You know all your letters and numbers and can count to 100 easily (and maybe further, I tune out at 100, sorry). You can write all of our names in the house and can write all of your letters, upper and lowercase. You are learning to read. You are a pro at sounding out words and know your vowels and consonants and the sounds they make. You can read short books to us. You love to do that. You also love to spell and write words. You can be found with a notebook and pen so much of the time walking around asking us "how do you spell.." whatever it is you are working on at the moment.

You are funny. And you know it. You can make a face that makes an entire room crack up. This is also something we are working on self control with as you, like your mother, definitely enjoy the laughs and are egged on by them big time. Time and a place child, time and a place.

You never nap. You are go, go, go from the moment you wake up (7 am) til you collapse into bed at night (around 7:30-8 pm). You love to be outside but you also love curling up and watching a movie. You consider it a huge treat if we eat pizza in the living room while watching a movie. It makes your day.
I asked you about some of your favorite things and you said Sadie was your best friend (school friend) (though sometimes that answer is me!), your favorite tv show is Octonauts, and your favorite color is still pink and purple. You love grilled cheese and orange juice. You're a pretty picky eater. Your sweet tooth is out of control. Your favorite movie is still Frozen (duh) and Big Hero 6. Favorite show is Octonauts and Wild Kratts. You love your tv time for sure.

You still love books and drawing and writing. I wish you would do more of that and less tv but you got your love of tv from your Dad for sure.

Girl you are the light of our lives. We love you so, so much it hurts. You are by far our favorite and we are so proud of you and the girl you are becoming. Welcome to five girl. You're going to rock it.

1 comment:

Samma said...

I can't believe she is five!!!! Happy birthday, precious girl!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin