Tuesday, September 13, 2011

twenty nine.

The other day, a new blog friend wrote a post that I loved. Susan also just turned twenty nine and I LOVED her outlook on it.

I had a mild freak out the night before my birthday. All of a sudden I couldn't breathe at the fact that my life is literally flying by. All of a sudden, I panicked at where I am in life and just how far I am from what my "dreams" were growing up.

I asked Mr. P "what have I even done with my life?!" (yes, sometimes I'm dramatic) as I sat there on the verge of tears and he snapped me back to reality with one word; "her" he said, pointing at Baby Girl across the room.

And that's it.

I'm twenty nine. My life is about three thousand times different than what I thought it would be. My years have been completely different than I thought they would be. Man, they're different, but oh my gosh are they amazing.

I've made amazing friends. I've also made crappy friends who are no longer friends but who taught me something about myself. I've had some of the best times and some super low times.

I've fallen in love a couple of times. I've had my heart broken once and I've broken a few. I fell so hard in love with a man that I married him eight months later. I am still so, so in love with him.

I've suffered from Recurrent Pregnancy Loss and came out the other side. I'm become a mother to five precious souls; four in Heaven and the sweetest little girl in the world here on Earth.

I've laughed. I've cried. I've fought.

I still have zero clue what I want to with my life. Career wise I mean. But if there is one thing that I've learned in my twenties, it's that life is what you make it. And this life I'm living with Mr. P and Baby Girl is perfection. I am so thankful that my twenty nine years on Earth have led me here.

12 comments:

Heather said...

I don't comment a lot, but this post was beautiful, I could literally feel the emotion behind it. LOVE LOVE LOVE...and happy belated birthday! :)

LyndsAU said...

I am right behind you sister!! We can do life together. Tackle it as a team of mommies ;) hugs

Anne said...

I'm breaking in 30 for you, so don't be scared about what comes next. :) I'm totally positive I'll have all the answers for you this time next year...

Jen Watts said...

beautifully said!

Sarah said...

MEGAN! I love this so big! Xo

The Life of Susan said...

what a beautiful post! thanks for linking me! here's to the next season ahead with even more adventures!

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better about 29. Well said, as usual.

Ashley said...

Happy 29! Sounds like 29 wonderful years. : ) And I hope this one is the best yet!

lg2006 said...

Happy Birthday! What a sweet adn wonderful post! I agree with Mr. P that Ella is a GREAT accomplishment. Hope you had a good birthday! I am SO behind on blogs and trying to get caught up today!

Miss E said...

So beautifully written, friend. If it makes you feel any better, I have the same thoughts and I'm a year ahead of you (eek). You've got such a great attitude and I'm so glad you reminded me of the important things I've accomplished so far.

Emily said...

LOVE this post! I feel this way right now about turning 30! I turn 30 next friday and I have been a wreck about it! Thanks for this post!! miss you

Alphabet Soup Momma said...

I have such mixed feelings about turning 29 on the 30th of this month. Beautiful post! Thanks for the encouragement.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin