Sunday, November 23, 2008

A new beginning....

So it's been a weird couple of months at our household. Basically we've let the stresses of the outside world somehow make their way into our marriage and it's been so HARD on us as a couple. I'll be the first to admit it's mainly me.. I'm really having a hard time learning to be a "wife". I got married way younger than I ever thought I would (22) and I thought I was ready but I'm learning that I have a lot of growing up to do. I am, however, married to my soulmate. No one would have been able to put up with what I've put him through like he has. I've just been having a really hard time separating who I am with who I thought I would be.. That probably makes no sense but it's so true. I need to learn that I am someone's wife. I made that choice 3 1/2 years ago and it's a choice that I will stick to. I've got to let go of the selfishness that is me and focus on "us". So that's where we're at. Basically I need to make some cuts and some changes in my life that will get me back on the path that I need to be on. We're working on our family now.. Us as a couple and maybe some additions down the road. We're spending more quality time together and I'm trying to be ok with that. I've always been the life of the party but he's more of a stay at home family man and I'm learning to be more ok with it just being "us". I do have the best of friends and support system that knows I need to make some changes and will completely be there for me and us as we head down this new road...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin