Saturday, June 27, 2009

awww shucks!

I'm a complete slacker. I've gotten a couple of awards lately and don't want you sweet ladies to think I don't appreciate them, because I do!! I just have the attention span of a flea.


I received the Honest Scrap Award from Meg and Loren. Both of these ladies have the sweetest blogs and you should most definitely check them out sometime!

Here are the Honest Scrap stipulations:

1. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find interesting and engaging

2. Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog and leave a comment informing them that they have won the "Honest Scrap Award"

3. List at least 10 honest things about yourself.

I think this award has been going around for a while so if you're reading this and haven't received it before, then consider yourself tagged. I do love a cop out. =)

My 10 things.. hmmm.

1. I am still deathly afraid of the thought of having children. Insane I know with everything I'm going through, but I am terrified. Deserves a post in and of itself. Maybe one day.

2. I will not tolerate rudeness in people. Get over yourself. It is my top pet peeve.

3. I cannot get to work on time. I know I don't get up early enough, but even on those rare occasions I do get up early, I will still play around and end up late. At least I get there before my boss does so he has no idea.. teehee.

4. If I don't like you, you will know it. I am a horrible actress and honestly, I just hate wasting people's time. I mean nothing by it, but seriously, wouldn't you rather know what people think of you?! I would. No false pretenses here.

5. I laugh in horribly inappropriate situations. Like funerals and carrying deceased pets out to their owners. I can't help it. I do not do well in high stress. I'm pretty good at hiding the flaw of mine though.

6. I've torn the ligaments in my left knee so many times that it now never locks into place. It just kind of swings back and forth and gives out on me a lot. Doesn't hurt though, it just stays numb.

7. I get a head ache every single day. I can set my watch by those suckers.

8. I HATE shopping. Gasp! But I love clothes, accessories, shoes, purses, etc. I can online shop for days, but to head to a mall, sends me into a mild anxiety attack. See # 2. They are out in droves running amongst us and I always find them when out shopping. If I go shopping I know just what I want and where to get it and I am in and out. Thinking about just going window shopping and not buying?!? I think I just broke into hives.....

9. I very rarely get angry. I wouldn't call me overly optimistic. I just tend to live in my own little (happy) world. I love the people (and animals) I surround myself with, so I have no reason to be mad. Except at work. But I get over it quickly.

10. I love old people. Especially little old men. They are my heart. I prefer the seniors in our church to the ones my age any day of the week. I wonder if I'll still like old people when I am one.. hmmmmmm




I received the Keepsake Award from Lara. Lara is getting married next week so hop on over and give her a big Congrats!!

Thanks again ladies! Very much appreciated!

5 comments:

d.a.r. said...

I hate, hate, hate shopping too!!! I mean, online shopping I can handle. But I don't get people that can go to a mall for hours and not buy anything. I like buying, not browsing!

Miss Jody said...

Number 4 is so true for me also :)

Hayley said...

I am terrified of having children too, so i am dying to read that post :-)

jlc said...

I'm deathly afraid of having children too!! I mean the actual process.... if they could only be delivered to me like "here's a 3 month old!! Congrats!!" i'd be fine!

Hahah!

And gasp! No shopping is right!! I love to go ... but then again spending isn't my best habit. :)

In This Wonderful Life said...

I like how honest you are!! always :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin