Sunday, June 7, 2009

me - 0, summer in savannah - 1

This summer might kill me.

I played in a soccer tournament on Saturday and Sunday mornings this weekend and barely lived to tell about it.

Saturday it rained on and off through our first game. Then poured down through the hour break we got between games. What happened during our 12 pm game?

The sun decided to beat on through and Savannah's 100 % humidity made it's appearance.

I hate trying to breathe and instead feel like I'm drowning.

Plus I got great tan lines because I guess it really is true you get good sun through a cloudy sky.

Then on Sunday it was once again cloudy, overcast, and 100 % humidity. I may have broken records for how much one person can sweat in a weekend.

Mother Nature, you sure can be a d-bag.

7 comments:

jlc said...

tan lines?!?!

ohhhh jealous!!


it rained here all last week but this weekend was gorgeous!! i hope the overcast clears up for you!

In This Wonderful Life said...

Oh girl...how do you do it!?! Active lil thing! ps..my sweat is soooooo yuck already ugh!

Megan said...

I have always heard that you could get a good tan on a cloudy day but I never knew if it was true or not! Thanks for testing it out for us! :-)

amy (metz) walker said...

I'm not going to lie, Savannah was one of the most humid places I've ever been! ha!

We keep trying to book a place down there on Tybee Island but every time I look at the weather forecast for the weekend...rain! One day!

Lindsey said...

Aww poor thing!!

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

I grew up playing soccer back in CA & always wonder how people in hot, humid states like Texas or Georgia survice. I cannot imagine playing one game, let alone a few, for 90 minutes of that unrelenting heat!

Miss Jody said...

Run in that weather? How ya do it girl?
Yip. Your amazing.
I knew it.
Lol!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin