Friday, May 7, 2010

Show Us Your Life- Kid's Names

This week at Kelly's blog, the Show Us Your Life is all about your kid's names or future kid's name.

I've had names picked out for my future children since I was like, oh, 10. However, when you get married, you have to take factor in another person's opinion. When we found out we were pregnant, Mr. Perfect vetoed literally 98% of my choices.

My all time favorite girls name is Kennedy. I have been planning for my daughter to be named Kennedy Grace forever. Yes, its after that certain family, but my husband ex-nayed that immediately. Oh I fought hard, but the Republican in him refused to let our daughter be named after a democrat.

Every name I suggested got a remark; Rylee- too trendy, Noah- "what? Does he have an ark?", he even made certain names sound like bodily fluids (no idea how), or remembered someone he knew when he was like two that had the same name.

I didn't think we were ever going to name our child.

Finally, one night we were hanging out with my pal AP, and she threw out the name "Ella". Mr. Perfect and I just looked at each other and in 5 more seconds our child was named. Ella Grace she was. It was that simple. And Ella was never in the cards for either of us. But it so fits her.

Other names we liked this go round were Sophie for a little girl and Cooper for a little boy. I really want to use Micheal as a middle name for a boy in honor of the men in my family and probably will if we ever decide to do this again and get blessed with a boy.

Of course, I could pick a thousand names and Mr. Perfect would like none. So I'm not even worrying about it until I have to!

3 comments:

Charmed by the Star Filled Texas Sky said...

Very Very Beautiful Names!! I know since I was little, I have always had the name picked out. But I am sure I will come in to the same problem!! :) Have a fab weekend!

Lara said...

I encountered the same problem. I have always liked Erin, Caitlin and Grace, but my husband hated them all. Also our surname limited a lot of the names we could pick, because they all seem to rhyme, or sound like strippers.

We had Max for a boy, picked out for about 2 years, and would have named him after Hubby's grandfather who died when we were 7 weeks pregnant. But we weren't expecting a girl, so she was nameless for a day until we both agreed on the same name; Chloƫ Rose. I think it's perfect for her.

Jennifer said...

Kennedy was my favorite girl name but my republican husband would not go for it. Good thing we are having a boy!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin