Sunday, May 9, 2010

to my daughter

My dearest Baby Girl,

I feel so incredibly blessed to be celebrating my first Mother's Day with you sweet angel. I thank God every day that He chose me to be your Mother. I can't think of a greater blessing.

I want you to know that you are one loved child. You've been prayed for and longed for for years. God always knew that He was going to give you to us, even when we didn't. You are one wanted child.

On this day I look back at all the things I've gone though in my life and all the things I've learned and I know it was all to prepare me to be a Mother to you. You changed my life sweet girl in such a good way. These past five weeks have not been easy, but I hope you continue to be patient with me as we figure each other out. I don't think you are going to be a meek, quiet child and that's okay because I'm already so in love with your strong willed spirit. I pray that you'll always be surrounded by the love and support you currently have and that you'll grow to love God and live your life for Him.

You are your parents world sweet girl. You will always be our miracle baby. Thanks for sticking with us. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life loving you. I am so happy to be your Mother.

Love,

Mama

7 comments:

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

soooo beautiful! happy first mother's day! i hope it was a great day for you!

No Longer Newlyweds. said...

ok. i'm stealing your idea and writing a letter to my son on this mother's day.
great picture!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh sweet girl, I thought of y'all yesterday on your FIRST mother's day! Then up popped a note from you in my inbox-crazy! I am so happy for you, and you have been on my mind a lot lately. I can't imagine what this huge change must be like, but you seem to have it all in perspective. I hope for Mother's Day you are gifted with a lot of sleep! :)

In This Wonderful Life said...

beautiful!!!! hope you had a wonderful mother's day!!

Annie said...

way too precious!!
you two are beautiful! :)
i hope you had an amazing first mother's day!!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! :) Happy 1st Mommy's Day! So sweet and you look so happy and proud, love that! :)

Shaina said...

Beautiful! Happy (late) first Mother's Day, Megs!!! <3

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin