Sunday, November 13, 2011

tidbits.

Project 365 will have to be put on hold for a day because my cell phone is m.i.a and most of my pictures are on there from this week. If I took any. I honestly can't even remember.

I was talking to my dear friend Amy the other week and she said something that really struck a chord in me. I mentioned something to her that I struggle with big time and she called me on it. Ever since she did, I can't stop thinking about it.

I sometimes struggle with letting things go. I refuse to become bitter about things though because I've seen what bitterness does to a person and it's not pretty. I've been dealt the cards I've been dealt and it's time for me to pony up, put my big girl pants on and whatever other metaphor means grow up and take care of business. I never want to spend so much time whining about things that didn't go my way, that I miss the lesson I'm supposed to be learning.

I still feel like we're in the middle of a "storm" and I'm getting oh so tired of it. But I think there may be a light at the end. Please oh please let there be a light.

It bothers me when people can just run their mouths and there not be consequences. I don't think it's okay for you to get to say "your piece" but then not be able to take it when others say theirs. I'm tired of grown ups not being grown ups. I'm tired of getting stuck in the middle of battles that aren't mine.

I'm tired.

I have a toddler. An exhausting toddler. But then there are days like today where she laughs so hard, dances like a maniac, gives abundant kisses and is just a peach and I cannot believe this is my life. That's the good can't believe it's my life as opposed to the "what have I done to my life?!" that I also feel very, very often.

We bought a potty chair today. If you need me, I'll be in the corner crying over BG's swaddle blanket.

My head hurts.

2 comments:

Tiff said...

I hope this "storm" passes too. Just remember to pray about it. Having faith that God has a purpose for everything in our lives (good and bad) is sooo hard to see sometimes. I struggle with it constantly.

But remember-- you've got the sweetest, cutest and most loving little girl, ever! And she will make any dark day, brighter.

Let me know if you wanna eat lunch. Maybe tomorrow or Tuesday? Love you, friend! :)

Lindsey said...

I seriously feel like you just read my mind! I can relate to this 100% and I am so sorry because it's such a struggle and I always feel so bad to watch/hear of others going through it too! I handle things the same way but it always amazes me how other people's behavior makes me want to change the way I deal with things and then I tell myself not to stoop to that level! I hope this storm passes very quickly for you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin