Wednesday, December 28, 2011

our little family Christmas Eve

Since we headed down to Savannah for Christmas this year, we decided to just move our family of three Christmas ahead a few days so that we could still have that time just the three of us. Since we moved Christmas up, we had to move Christmas Eve up as well right??

So that's what we did.

Last Thursday when Mr. P and I got off of work, we took BG to a local place that does a big light display every year. It was raining but I was bound and determined to see some lights, so off we went. We got out for a second to check out Santa for the second time. I'd be lying if I told you that I wasn't slightly hoping for the "terrified toddler does Santa" screaming picture, but alas, this does not appear to be my year for that.
ggggg
Where did this cool, calm baby come from?

After her visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus, we hopped in the truck to check out the lights. I climbed in the back and pulled the little out of her seat to sit with me and we "oohed" and "ahhed" as drove past the lights multiple times. Who only goes through once when they have an excited toddler with them?!? Not these guys.

Afterwards we headed on home to get ready for Santa. Thankfully for BG, her Daddy worked out a deal where Santa went ahead and came a few days early so that he could visit her before we left. That nice, old man. ;)

We didn't get around to making cookies, but we did have some in the house to leave out for the big man. Getting BG to put out the cookies instead of eat them was quite the battle.
IMG_8122Picnik collagecookies
BG moved her advent calendar mouse for the last time this holiday..
IMG_8127IMG_8129
We battled it out over eating Santa's cookies for another go 'round (my child loves the cookies y'all)...
IMG_8132IMG_8135
trying to convince her that Santa wouldn't come if there were no cookies...
IMG_8138
...and then finally we curled up to read a few pages of one of her Christmas books before calling it a night.
IMG_8142IMG_8143IMG_8148IMG_8153
It was off to bed after that so that Santa and his elves could build a baby girl's kitchen and work some more magic for our family Christmas the next day.
IMG_8160
to be continued...

4 comments:

Katie @ Modern-Day Family said...

she's like, "I got this. Sitting on Santa's lap ain't no thang." (sorry for my slang. cringe) I also LOVE the pictue of your trying to convince her not to eat the cookies! haha so great!

Hayley said...

Oh I love that you did your family of three Christmas...so special.

Belle on Heels said...

Precious!!!

Amy @ Forever 29 said...

Love her little face with those cookies. BB kept reminding me about leaving the cookies...though he did steal one too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin