Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Christmas 2011 Recap- part one.

I think life might be returning to life as normal here. Well, our new normal.

A week after the loss of my Grandma, our dear family friends lost their daughter. So to say 2012 has been a bit of a doozy so far would be quite the understatement.

Obviously I'm a bit behind on the 'ol blog so let's back it up a bit shall we?

Warning you now, there is an insane amount of pictures in this post. But I'm so glad to have them so there on here. K.

We ended up going to Savannah for Christmas this year. I was really torn on this as I have always said that when we had kids, we would always do Christmas at out house. But this year was special because of how sick my Grandma was. Now? I am so glad we had that time with her.

IMG_8195IMG_8199


We headed down there on Friday after we did our little family Christmas.

On Christmas Eve, my grandparents neighbor and a dear family friend came over to bring BG a little surprise.
IMG_8203IMG_8209IMG_8218IMG_8220


To say she enjoyed it would be putting it mildly.

Mr. P, BG and I went back to our old church for the Christmas Eve service that night. Unfortunately they didn't have a nursery, so BG and I spent most of the time out in the lobby with the other toddlers and their parents. It was good catching up with some old friends though! Mr. P was nice enough to come out there with her for me to hear the candlelight hymns. Those are my favorite.

Christmas morning we woke up at Aunt P's house and then headed back over to my grandparents house after a quick little pick me up.

IMG_8236


I kid.

My Aunt and Uncle and their grandson were coming in from Texas that morning so we let BG open a few presents but wanted to save most til they got there.
IMG_8250IMG_8251IMG_8257IMG_8275IMG_8277IMG_8292IMG_8297


Finally the rest of the family got there. Then the kiddos both passed out for hours. This girl was dying to open presents.
IMG_8244IMG_8317


And I do mean me... Big kid.

While the kiddos napped, we adults did our gift swap.
IMG_8322IMG_8327IMG_8330IMG_8334IMG_8340


The pile waiting on the kids. Spoiled much?
IMG_8331


Finally the kiddos were awake. Bring on the presents. Unfortunately, BG was beginning to not feel so hot by this point. Looking back at the pictures, it's obvious how terrible she felt. Poor baby...
IMG_8358IMG_8362IMG_8366IMG_8369


IMG_8371

Little Man Skyping with Nonny and Pops.

IMG_8387IMG_8389IMG_8391IMG_8394IMG_8402IMG_8408IMG_8417IMG_8423IMG_8438


My best friend brought her little girl by for a bit for a quick visit.
IMG_8446IMG_8451

It was such a perfect day. I am so glad we got to have that time with most of us all together. I wish my parents and brother had been able to join us though.
IMG_8453IMG_8455IMG_8456IMG_8464


Sweet babies...
IMG_8468IMG_8472


Eventually we were all spent. So we headed back out to Aunt P's house for the night only to get up and do it all again the next day.

to be continued....

3 comments:

Gina said...

Awww, these pictures are adorable! They made me smile. :)

Melissa said...

Your daughter is so adorable! My daughter Logan had the same Anavini red Christmas tree outfit this year. So cute!

Lindsay said...

She is so sweet and happy! It looks like y'all had a great Christmas!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin